How many Taurus Revolvers do you own?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Have had a few. Not a dog in the bunch.
Have a 6" Raging Bull, all-SS 5-shot and triple-lock design - the tightest & most-accurate 480R revolver I've fired. No turn line after hundreds of rounds! Great revolver and I'd buy another.

eveled

Hawkeye
All my wheel guns are Smith and Wesson, or Ruger. You don't save enough money to make a Taurus worth it.

32shooter

Blackhawk
Only have one, and of course it is a 32mag, 2" titanium. (Model 731 TI) I have had no problems with it.

tinman

Buckeye
Only one.....Judge Public Defender SS.
A great rabbit/field mouse/snake gun on the tractor/mower/ATV or while just working in the brush.
Never had a single hiccup with either ammo.....

Skoopski

Single-Sixer
Just one, a SS 85 that I've had zero problems with. Has proven 100% reliable after about 5 years of having it. Maybe 300 rounds through it,.357, .38, and shotshell. Family member has an 8 inch .454 raging bull that is a wonder to shoot. On top of that, I've handled and shot maybe 5 different autos, and not a problem one with any of them. Guess I've just been lucky. I figure any manufacturer is prone to have a few lemons here and there. But so far so good in my neighborhood as far as Taurus goes.

Snowninja said:
Just one, a SS 85 that I've had zero problems with. Has proven 100% reliable after about 5 years of having it. Maybe 300 rounds through it,.357, .38, and shotshell. Family member has an 8 inch .454 raging bull that is a wonder to shoot. On top of that, I've handled and shot maybe 5 different autos, and not a problem one with any of them. Guess I've just been lucky. I figure any manufacturer is prone to have a few lemons here and there. But so far so good in my neighborhood as far as Taurus goes.

Generally speaking I am not a gun snob and it appears you aren't either. As I said in an earlier post the older Taurus' I have had were fine. The newer ones not so much. Just my experience.

Dave

Dave T

Single-Sixer
I've never owned a Taurus revolver. Every time I've picked one up to consider I compare it to a S&W and kind of recoil from the idea. My apologies to the OP. Not trying to be offensive, but you asked.

Dave

This subject matter reminds me of years ago when a S&W forum member asked if anyone had ever owned a Security Six. At that time there were similar comments regarding Rugers and their merits as compared to Smiths were discussed, very negatively I might add. At the time I thought the Smith owners were a bunch of gun snobs....... Well, looks like what goes around comes around.......

mohavesam

Hawkeye
IRL, I've had to send more Ruger products back for service due to manufacturing/operational failures than Taurus. To be fair, I own more Rugers than any other handgun, but there are causal factors involved...

I have a few Taurus guns and their revolvers have been just fine, but then I handle most every handgun before I pay for them, to the chagrin of interweb sellers. My latest is a Taurus 992, a 22/22WMRF convertible 6" DA/SA blued revolver. Heavy (and much more accurate) in this world of plastic firearms, but it will outlive me from real-life experience with it! Plus it has much better sights than the similar Ruger. Wait, oh yeah, Ruger doesn't make a similar handgun!

I own "several" brand T revolvers, to answer the OP.

RUFFBIRD

Blackhawk
I have one, a model 76 revolver!
It shoots a 32 S&W Long cartridge, with a 6" barrel & adjustable sights. It is slick as all getout with a nice blue job & is a fun revolver to shoot. I think I will have it for awhile yet.... 8)

mohavesam

Hawkeye
This thread has its good and bad, but not nasty... I wonder which brand provides more repair business to gunsmiths more (than another)? I'm betting on brand R. ;)

Latest posts