HENRY REVOLVERS

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BloodyThumb

Bearcat
What a shame. Henry finally makes a mistake…. A big one I think. When I heard they might release a revolver I assumed it would be SAA-ish for certain. I never would have guessed it would be a double action revolver, especially one this ugly. Double action would be just fine… but MAN is it ever ugly.

It looks like Charter Arms, H&R, and RG had a 3 way. When it was born from that little "event" it had no grip frame, so they made a prosthetic from brass of all things.

I have several Henry's and really like everything I have from them. I even bought a couple for the grandkids to shoot. But this one I will just have to pass on.

t-reg

Single-Sixer
Guess I'm the odd man out on the looks of those pistols. I think they're neat looking...

However, for the price it should feature old school bluing / polish, receive rave reviews on inherent accuracy and be built to give Ruger and S&W a run for their money in durability. An adjustable sight version with factory RDS adapter available would set them apart as well.

My online impression is that of a $250 impulse purchase.

Question is: We know Henry can do better, why didn't they?

BULL'S-EYE

Blackhawk
It would have made far more sense for Henry to offer a 22 caliber revolver, and at a considerably more reasonable price, as their first foray into handguns IMO. I've seen virtually no interest and mostly negative comments on these thus far...Even on the Henry forum...There is a rumor of a 22lr/Mag convertible SA revolver in the works to be introduced later this year, time will tell?

Last edited:

Mus408

Hunter
They should/could have brought out a nice SA revolver for that price which would go much better with the lever rifles. Have several Henrys and Ruger or Uberti SA shooters to match them.

ProfessorWes

Hunter
FWIW, Boge Quinn likes it.

He thinks the new Henry revolver's looks are reminiscent of the old Colt New Service from the early 1900s. Maybe.

I guess I'd have to handle one in the steel for myself.

That MSRP is still higher than the prices I've seen on GP100 Match Champions and Colt King Cobras in my local gunshops (although S&Ws are right up there).