Gun show finds,,

Help Support Ruger Forum:

we, my dad and I, go to all of the gun shows in the area that we can. Same here, a lot of vendors selling jewelry, dealers selling new overstock firearms, or guys selling different flavored peanuts or hot sauces. But, there are plenty of "local guys" that set up their tables and plenty of good old firearms to be found. If we find something or not, it's still a great day getting to spend with my dad doing something we both enjoy.

GasGuzzler

Hunter
A lot of people do not shop online, or will buy off the internet. Many prefer to put "hands on" a gun.
Won't catch me buying a gun off the internet OR at a dealer. Most anything I would buy hasn't been made in a while OR can be built from parts so online or dealer isn't needed anyway. That being said, I have likely paid more for used guns than new.

Examples:
1951 Marlin 39A Peanut
1965 boxed Single Six Magnum with extra cylinder
1951 336RC Waffle Top
1983 Marlin 783 (real walnut)
1995 Marlin Model 60 (long barrel with LSHO)
Yugo O-PAP

So I paid more for these than when they were new but NONE are still made and all are well-thought of and desirable.

RSIno1

Hunter
It's business - the promoter has x amount of square feet to fill up. If there aren't enough gun tables he sells to anyone that's looking for customers. Yes dealers raise their prices. Every gun they sell there has to make an additional profit to cover the cost of the space and pay for the employees working the show.

gnappi

Single-Sixer
This weekend I went to the extremely crowded monthly West Palm Beach show and I'm noticing that the trickle of great revolvers and older single stack autos to be had is turning into a veritable flood.

There were dozens of Ruger security six, GP's and Blackhawk models, as well as many S&W's and single stack 1911's. One seller even had two Wichita bolt pistols. I mentioned this trend to a small private seller and he too wondered why so many. I opined it's likely for a few reasons, owners "trading up" to hi cap plastic, liquidation of estates, or seniors trimming collections in order to not burden their children "if" they should pass on.

All of these possibilities are just a bit sad to me.

TINCANBANDIT is back

Single-Sixer
I think part of the problem is the cost of putting on gun shows has gone interstellar price wise. Some gun shows are charging upwards of $100 for a single table. I could not make any profit selling my gun parts, gun stickers and gun t-shirts at that price. So they get less sellers, and the ones they do get mark up their stuff to help cover the table costs.

Latest posts