Best leather gun belt

Help Support Ruger Forum:

FLgun

Single-Sixer
Afternoon,
Lookin for a (leather)looking gun belt but more importantly least maintenance needed to maintain. Able to hold a 4 inch stainless Security six with holster weight.

Cholo

Staff member
Hanks Belts hands down! I've bought from other recommended companies and was disappointed in how soon their tough gun belts stretched out and became floppy after one season. I bought Hanks Extreme (says Xtreme on the site) gun belt and it still holds a 1911 tight to my body after 4 years. If I shrink I'll get one of their Bison belts.

Good stuff!

I got a $20 off link when I opened the above link. If you don't get it try "PLUS $20 off any belt. Use code SAVE20 at checkout."

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
Ummm.....you talkin' about a western style cartridge belt, or a pats belt that can crry a gun? I'd suggest Doc Barranti for either one. I have been using this belt daily fur ovur a year or more now and totally satisified:

And then there's this one for Doc also, though it doesn't ge as much wear:

Bob Wright

Last edited:

stonebuster

Single-Sixer
I've used a Beltman dual bullhide with stiffener daily for several years carrying GP100 & Six Series Ruger revolvers and it's holding up well.

gnappi

Single-Sixer
I've yet to find a 1 1/2" wide belt the worked holding a holster AND fit the belt loops snugly. I'd rather have a thinner 1 3/4" belt and no not long ago I found a seller on Ebay named conchocowboy that makes one that's not too thick and 1 3/4" which fits my holsters AND pant loops without flopping about. I won't use a 1 1/2" belt again.

This is one from the Mitchell home built collection. The keeper was removed
FWltvKbl.jpg

This is the design.
NqHMOPCl.jpg

I'm very satisfied with a plain single layer skirting leather belt purchased from an Amish saddle shop not terribly far away. The Sons of the shop owner make the belts while Dad makes harness and such.
Two or three years ago, the belt cost $20.

this is just one of many that they carry , 1 1/2" should be fine for what you are looking for but they do have wider ones , if you are a bigger guy look at the ones sizes XL, good belts

KIR

Sparks, NV
I bought a 5.11 Tactical Leather Belt. Lost some weight, now the belt is too long. I know there are ways to shorten it, but due to arthritis and trigger finger with symptoms returning to original finger that had it, it only took an hour to load up a AR magazine with ammo. Very painful. Any suggestions for shortening the belt?

I bought a 5.11 Tactical Leather Belt. Lost some weight, now the belt is too long. I know there are ways to shorten it, but due to arthritis and trigger finger with symptoms returning to original finger that had it, it only took an hour to load up a AR magazine with ammo. Very painful. Any suggestions for shortening the belt?
Put the belt on and drag the it through the buckle till it fits, Mark the spot where the buckle would attach to the hole (were there one there) mark that spot and punch a hole them about 1" either side of that hole punch others. Put the belt on and the tip should be just past the first belt loop on the buckle side. Trim the belt to meet that dimension
be5wOjRl.jpg

Reactions: KIR

Latest posts