Vaquero from gun show

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I usually avoid gun shows. But I was at my range which had a show going in the town, so I went. The white gripped 5 1/2 original vaquero followed me home. I cant walk away from a good deal on a stainless 45 colt vaquero. The guy said, "I love these guns. I'm old, need to sell, make an offer." I offered, and he accepted. The good ol way of dealing.
Used Ruger prices have really lowered this year. It was tough finding base guns for a while there.

1000003718.jpg

jstanfield103

Blackhawk
I love your collection, they are all beautiful. But that engraved one just makes my jaw drop. Wow ! Another thing is I like those after market base pins.

I have the same base pins in three out of four of my Ruger single actions. Would also love to get one for my Single Six Hunter but I guess they don't make them for the Single Six.

Last edited:
They do make pins for the single sixes. I had them in several. I think I have a stainless Belt Mountain colt style in my parts box for a single six. Unfortunately Belt Mountain pins are no longer manufactured. The Power Custom are good too. But the no5 heads are a bit shorter in length.

contender

Ruger Guru
Great snag on the Original Vaquero. I too have a soft spot for the .45's.

Those Belt Mtn base pins are very nice. And sadly,, they are no longer offered. Keyle has decided to retire. To get one to work for a Single-Six,, would have been to get him to make them. Now,, you'd have to find one,, used,, OR,, find a Blackhawk one & have a machinist tune it to fit.

jstanfield103

Blackhawk
Randyzzz, that's a great picture that explains everything. I did call Belt Mtn. and they did not have any and of course are not making any more for the Single Six. But if Ronnie takes over it is possible in the future. I also called Grand Master and they do not have them either. That is where I got all of mine from. I will keep checking with Belt Mtn. off and on though.

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
Used Ruger prices have really lowered this year.
I discovered that when I listed nine nice, boxed Ruger revolvers on GB for 1¢ minimum bids and no reserves. Lost money on 7 of them (although it looks like I'll get a do-over on a Redhawk won by a deadbeat bidder).

There has been some unwinding of the panic buying that kicked off during the pandemic and intensified after the 2020 election. Democrats are this country's best firearm salespeople, but Uncle Joe's handlers have bigger fish to fry at the moment, so gun grabbing hasn't crossed his teleprompter much lately. I reckon if Trump gets back in, gun prices could soften even more as the threat level diminishes. It is a bit ironic that in these inflationary times, guns are about the only thing that have come down in price, and Biden can't crow about that unless he goes off-script again like he did with "illegal". I wonder how much of the oversupply and deflation in firearm values is directly related to folks having to sell their guns to pay for inflated food and rent.

moparclan

Single-Sixer
Great collection,
Still have many original Vaqueros, all are .45 Colt and also have one .44mag and one 44-40. Liked the large frame Vaqueros.

.44 Mag.
DSC00443-Copy_zps1f377d49.jpg

Vaquero 44-40
DSC01247 - Copy.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts