"Finished" the Collection!!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

krw

Blackhawk
A SC-5 wood really fit in nicely 😉. And since you have not fell down the Rabbit Hole chasing bx's and shipping sleeves, Tr-Color LtWt wood fit in also. They are my favorite!!

Last edited:
I do have a 22 wsm cylinder for the Single-Six, but since the gun is not marked as a "super", I figured it was not original.

1710439886503.png

Since I just saw another one on this forum with the factory letter that is also not marked as s a super, maybe I am wrong. I've got the paperwork to get letters on all of them ready to go, just need to get off my lazy ass and get it sent in.

...they is NO marking as "super", the Super Single Six has adjustable rear sights, so that cylinder just may be for that gun,,,does it fit?? does it lock up?? does it have the last 3 digits of the guns serial number?? marked on either end of the cylinder ( usually on the front end, BUT seen them both ways.........proof is when you get a "letter" it will come back as an "X" , meaning 'convertible'........:cool::rolleyes:;)

Last edited:
...NO numbers is better than the "wrong" or different numbers, they did not "always" mark them.....they got smarter later on when folks started getting confused , and it was bad enough that BOTH the old model cylinders look the same, NO markings as to .22 Magnum, yes later on when the new Models came out, they did not "flute" the.22Mag., cylinders, and rollmarked it .22Magnum,,,,easy to spot which is which then..... ;)

Attachments

• 22lr22mag.jpg
    22lr22mag.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 24

KIR

Sparks, NV
One would have to be an octupus to hold/fire all those fine firearms. The extra tentacle for holding/loading ammo. 😉

For several years I saw a nice Hawkeye in the display case of a vendor at the big gun show in Dayton, OH. Price was like $1100. I drooled over it every time I saw it but just couldn't bring myself to buy it. It became covered with dust, so I guessed everybody else felt the same. Sigh.

One Saturday morning I just told myself I was gonna buy it. Stopped at the bank and picked up $1200 from savings. Went to the show and went straight to the case that always held the Hawkeye. It had been sold a half-hour before I got there.

Still don't have one. :rolleyes:
I've done that kind of thing several times in my life. I've decided I don't need a "good" price to buy something, and haven't seen one in a couple of years, I'd prefer to call it good timing!