"Finished" the Collection!!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

1710201477049.png

From top to bottom:
1964 .44 Mag Super Blackhawk (182XX) (7 1/2")
1969 .30 Carbine Blackhawk (50-004XX) (7 1/2")
1968 .41 Mag Blackhawk (140XX) (4 5/8")
1968 .357 Mag Blackhawk (1394XX) (6 1/2")
1972 .45LC/.45ACP Blackhawk (45-175XX) (7 1/2")
1958 .44 Mag Flattop (94XX) (6 1/2")
1964 .22lr Single SIx (4038XX) (6 1/2")

I've got factory grips coming for the Flattop and will start the search for the factory grips for the .45, but all in all, I'm quite happy with everything.

Only two guns with prefixes are the 45 and the 30 Carb. The 30 Carb had been converted, but the original parts were included, and it is back to how it left the factory.

Fine looking group and about covers the "realm", all you "need" to do is keep your eye out for any "upgrades" ( the S-47,unless its an heirloom) and a couple of to me, "Important" additions, an early 22 flatgate and the 357 mag flatop, ,,,you are doing it kinda like my wife started out but hers were ALL 22s 1949 to the early 1960s.........and me, I got one old Hawkeye left from back then.........never wanted all the calibers, too much different ammo..........again nice going...... (y) (y);)

Very nice, but you are never finished. There is always another one that pops up that will make you reevaluate that statement

That's why "finished" is in quotes ;)

TBH, I think the only thing I'd consider adding is a .357 flattop or the .22 flatgate....

The S-47 is an heirloom and the gun that started this whole thing. It sat under the seat of my father-in-law's pickup truck (neglected) for years, restored by my brother-in-law, and then came to me (BIL didn't want the 44 and opted for dad's hunting rifle).

contender

Ruger Guru
As noted,, you are never truly "finished."

I do see a nice bunch of guns,, covering most calibers. I don't see an Old Army or a Hawkeye. :D

Then there are the different barrel lengths. Heck, in the FT's alone,, you have 6 variations of barrels alone. :D

Then there are the,,,,,,,,,,,,,,! :D :D

Seriously,, nice bunch there.

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
I started exactly like that, wanting an old model Blackhawk in every caliber. Then it was barrel lengths, then convertibles, then flattops, then Single Sixes, then Lightweight Single Sixes, then begrudgingly Bearcats and Hawkeyes, and somewhere along the way they all needed original boxes, and paperwork, and then the minor variations of not only guns but grips and boxes, then New Models (you do NOT want to open THAT can of worms) :ROFLMAO:

Yup, you're hooked. 😁

Only gap that jumps out at me is the .357 Flattop, as others have mentioned (and the Old Army, and the Hawkeye, etc). After that it's all the variations. ;)

Just so happened that my gunsmith/FFL had a Hawkeye passing through his shop the day I was picking up my .45. The owner paid $3-$4k for it, very clean, very cool, but probably not one I would feel the "need" to have.

Johnnu2

Hunter
Just so happened that my gunsmith/FFL had a Hawkeye passing through his shop the day I was picking up my .45. The owner paid $3-$4k for it, very clean, very cool, but probably not one I would feel the "need" to have.
Me either....

J.

For several years I saw a nice Hawkeye in the display case of a vendor at the big gun show in Dayton, OH. Price was like $1100. I drooled over it every time I saw it but just couldn't bring myself to buy it. It became covered with dust, so I guessed everybody else felt the same. Sigh.

One Saturday morning I just told myself I was gonna buy it. Stopped at the bank and picked up $1200 from savings. Went to the show and went straight to the case that always held the Hawkeye. It had been sold a half-hour before I got there.

Still don't have one. :rolleyes:

Latest posts