Do you have a Sunday-Go-To-Meeting gun?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
For the last four years or so, this has been my daily carry gun, a Ruger .44 Special Three Screw Blackhawk, ex-.357 Magnum:

But about three weeks ago, as I was getting dressed for Sunday School and church, the thought entered my mind that maybe a dressier gun would be in order, and I switched out for this .44 Special:

Both guns are made on the same size frame, are all steel, same caliber and barrel length, so, why not?

Now the Flat Top does allow safe carry with six rounds, though I have not been able to bring myself to load more than five rounds. Just doesn't seem decent.

But, anyone here have a Sunday best gun? Not talking about BBQ guns, just dressy guns.

Bob Wright

schloss

Single-Sixer
+1 on that. I never carry to church. But today, as I was sitting there in an extended sermon, I started thinking. Mine will probably be a higher capacity semi-auto.

Were I carrying one for appearance or critters, I'd opt for my blackhawk.

Your 3-screw knocks the pants off of that flattop. Absolutely beautiful gun!

OldePhart

Blackhawk
Glock 26 with TFX sights and smoothed action and one spare mag. Not too worried about being dressy...if anybody sees it at all in church it will be a situation where we're all a lot more concerned about how well it's working than how dressy it looks... LOL

stevemb

Hunter
Amen brother Oldephart. Church carry calls for me to go from concealed to covert. There's a little Beretta Nano here or the Bulldog that gets the nod.

6gun

Hunter
Heck if I showed up to meeting packing a fancy engraved Colt like the one above they would want to raise my tithing. :lol:

Mag-force

Single-Sixer
Don't like to carry to church but have latey with all this crazy stuff going around makes a man wonder. I carry a XDS 45 compact 3.8 fits real nice close to the hip . Nobody see it

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
Mag-force said:
Don't like to carry to church but have latey with all this crazy stuff going around makes a man wonder. I carry a XDS 45 compact 3.8 fits real nice close to the hip . Nobody see it

I carry on Sunday because I drive the same streets that I drive all week. And, even at church on Sunday, I'm often asked by others equally well armed for my opinions. Even my pastor has asked my advice at times.

And even though my ruger may never be exposed, just knowing that I'm well dressed is a good thought to me. Sort of like wearing your best underwear. YOU know its there.

Bob Wright

BearBio

Buckeye
Don't get to church much but there's often a BBQ, if I do! Not a full bore BBQ gun but suitable for Church or Court!

First generation SAA in 41 Colt with real pearls.

Hamilton Burger

Bearcat
2ebzbrc.jpg

Joe S.

Hunter
I carry at church because evil has no boundaries. Lord willing, I'll never need it period, especially at church, but I got it if I do. LCR, XDS45 4.0, and soon hope to add a 1911 or CZ 97B to the rotation.