• CZ 75B/Stainles

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

revhigh

Hawkeye
Sal1950 said:
But CZ75 against a Beretta Brigadier?
Kind of like a Yugo against a Ferrari.
Kind of like owning a Harley, if I have to explain it to you you'll probably never understand anyway.

Sal ... you are just so wrong with your above statement .... I gotta admit ... I also can't believe you're serious. :shock:

So it has a heavier slide ... it's still just a 92 (or 96) .... your comparison above is ludicrous.

Regarding the Tanfo's ... they make a very nice gun, and I don't doubt that there have been some titles won with them, but that doesn't translate into their production guns being better model for model with the original CZ's. Also ... from most accounts I've heard ... their customer service is absolutely horrendous. I have never heard ANYBODY say that they would rather have a Tanfo than the equivalent model CZ .... kinda like saying you'd rather have a Rock Island Armory 1911 than a Colt.

REV

Sal1950

Blackhawk
revhigh said:
Sal1950 said:
But CZ75 against a Beretta Brigadier?
Kind of like a Yugo against a Ferrari.
Kind of like owning a Harley, if I have to explain it to you you'll probably never understand anyway.

Sal ... you are just so wrong with your above statement .... I gotta admit ... I also can't believe you're serious. :shock:

So it has a heavier slide ... it's still just a 92 (or 96) .... your comparison above is ludicrous.

Regarding the Tanfo's ... they make a very nice gun, and I don't doubt that there have been some titles won with them, but that doesn't translate into their production guns being better model for model with the original CZ's. Also ... from most accounts I've heard ... their customer service is absolutely horrendous. I have never heard ANYBODY say that they would rather have a Tanfo than the equivalent model CZ .... kinda like saying you'd rather have a Rock Island Armory 1911 than a Colt.

REV

Don't know what you find so "ludicrous". in my statement?
Beyond any arguments over which of the two particular guns is better, there is the fact that Beretta is one of the oldest "family owned" manufacturing companies in the world. Established in 1526 they have a 500 year reputation of being one of the finest firearms manufacturer in the world.
Like a Ferrari or Harley there is a PRIDE OF OWNERSHIP that goes beyond any minor differences we could debate.

But as to the M9/92 debate I will only say that the weapon has shown exemplary service in the US military for 25 years with the only real weakness being the cracking of the locking blocks on very high round count and abuseed weapons, pretty much a thing of the past now with newer updates.
On the positive side the 92 is one of the most reliable functioning semi-autos ever produced, they'll just eat about any kind of ammo you shove in them and keep going without a hiccup.

I've cast no dispersion on the CZ75, stating that it is a fine weapon.
But insisting that the "original CZ" sets the bar for weapons made on that pattern is just YHO, which many professional competition shooters would be glad to debate. I've heard there have been a few CZ clones coming out of Israel that are pretty well regarded too. :)
Sal

revhigh

Hawkeye
Sal1950 said:
Don't know what you find so "ludicrous". in my statement?

Like a Ferrari or Harley there is a PRIDE OF OWNERSHIP that goes beyond any minor differences we could debate.

What I find 'ludicrous'is comparing the CZ75 to one of the biggest piece of junk cars ever built, while on the other hand comparing a 92 with a slightly heavier slide to one of the BEST sports cars on the planet.

Pride of ownership ... bah .. c'mon ... it's just a Beretta ... nothing special there at all. Just another gun. No matter when they were founded.

So ... you're saying you'd take an equivalent Tanfo over an equivalent CZ for the same price ??

I also like the Tanfo's, but wouldn't take one if I was offered an equally equipped CZ. I think few would.

REV

Sal1950

Blackhawk
"Pride of ownership ... bah .. c'mon ... it's just a Beretta ... nothing special there at all. Just another gun. No matter when they were founded."

Just like I've said, Kind of like owning a Harley, if I have to explain it to you you'll probably never understand anyway

"So ... you're saying you'd take an equivalent Tanfo over an equivalent CZ for the same price"

Well I've laid my cash down for 2 Tanfo Witness Matches and don't own a CZ, so I guess that should answer your question quite clearly. And that was after I borrowed a CZ75B from a friend for about a month and put at least 500 rounds threw it. Like I said it's a good gun, but not the be all-end all in handguns. There are many at least equally viable options
Sometimes you remind me of one of them Glock fanboys. LOL
Sal

revhigh

Hawkeye
Sal1950 said:
if I have to explain it to you you'll probably never understand anyway
[/b]

LOL ... that's what HD riders have been saying for decades ... while they were broken down on the side of the road, and cleaning up leaking oil from their garage floors ... you're right ... you'd have to explain all the pride of ownership that I'd get from that. Been there ... and done that.

Whenever anybody says something like that ... it only means that they cant explain it in logical, realistic, or measurable terms, and have to resort to insulting somebody's intelligence to try to make them think that they're incapable of understanding something that is so blatantly obvious to someone of far greater intelligence. Sorry, not buyin' it ...

Regarding the guns ... Apples and oranges Sal ... key words ... equally equipped.

A Witness Match is not the same level gun as a bone stock CZ75 ... and you KNOW that as well.

Owning a Harley is simply buying into the hype of a 'lifestyle' moreso than owning the best bike in it's class. 90% of Harley owners these days are desk jockeys and accountants that put on shades and shirts with tattoo sleeves, baseball caps with pony tails sticking out the back, and doo rags, and pretend they're bad-ass for the day. Not that that's bad ... it's kind of like Cowboy action shooting ... where everybody dresses up and tries to act the part.

I own two bikes right now, and have owned Harleys as well. If you really want to RIDE a bike ... the last thing you want is a Harley (other than the big ones for LONG cruises). That's why so many of the bad-ass Harley riders TRAILER their bikes to most events ... because they're so damn uncomfortable to ride for any appreciable distance.

If you're cruising the boulevard a mile from your house ... yeah ... you'd want a Harley Deuce or some other cool softtail ... even a dyna. If you're riding the bike more than about 20 miles ... you don't want a Harley ... unless it's a juicy Road King or an E-Glide. No need to explain Harley ownership to me ... I know all about it ... I've been to a bunch of the events ... and I know tons of people that still own them. They're all great people, but ask them to go for a ride more than about 50 miles and they're out back hitching up their trailers.

I don't buy hype .... whether its guns, motorcycles, or presidents of the US. :D

REV

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
Sal, your bombastic analogies to cars and motorcycles and such, really lend nothing in the argument at all. If you read my comparisons in my first post in this thread, I gave a good report on the Beretta even though the OP already knew about them well enough. I shot Beretta's in competition during my time in the Army and did quite well with them. I just find the CZ platform fits me better and I think I shoot them better because of this and a couple of other things.
Sal, I shoot a lot, a real lot and even at my age and somewhat old eyes, I'm pretty damn good at it.
The "Tanfo's" are hardly CZ clones anymore, if they really ever were. They started out as kinda like a CZ, later sorta like a CZ, to almost looks like a CZ. Actually the Taurus PT-92 is closer to a 92 than the Tanfolgio is to a CZ nowadays. I, like Rev, do like the Tanfolgio for what they are and enjoy shooting them when I can.
I don't know if you noticed but I don't bash guns very much here, I don't compare them to cars nor motorcycles because those things don't shoot bullets.

Sal1950

Blackhawk
Cheese,
The Yugo-Ferrari comparo was probably poorly chosen but was not meant to slight the quality of a CZ. More to make the point that there is value in owning something built by a company that's comes with a history, it's that pride of ownership thing that I referred to before.
No true firearms collection would be complete without some kind of Beretta, be it handgun, long gun, or shot gun. It's just speaks to owning a piece of the history of weapons.

REV,
I worked for a living in the motorcycle industry for 30+ years, and have heard folks spew out that same anti-HD BS more times than most so-called riders have thrown a leg over a bike. I know it's BS and you know it's BS. Once your old enough that bar stool bragging rights to owning a bike with 160+ mph capability, or corner carving at a world superbike level, is no longer important, you WANT a Harley. 98% of today's sportbike riders would pee themselves before they even approached 50% of their superbikes capability. But it sure is impressive to hear the bar-stool commando talk about his new Busa and how fast he really didn't have the b-lls go on it last night. LOL

Cruisers?
Why do you think Honda, Suzi, Yamaha, Kawa, etc; have spent the last 25 years trying to design a bike that looks and sounds just like a Harley? To give the guys that can't afford the real thing something they can profile on and hopefully fool the uneducated.
But what their buyers really want is to be a part of Legend and History that is Harley-Davidson. I've heard the stories a million times on the showroom floor, why they bought their want-a-be bike and how now they're ready to trade it in on the "real thing".
Humm, even in today's tuff economy, I wonder why HD has the resale value it does and you can't give a 5 year old metric cruiser away?

errr... The CZ is its own design and nobody tried to design it to be something else... "to copy a gun"

I have heard it compared to a BHP, not a bad gun at all...

The CZ has great design features, amazing 4 point lockup (both sides, top and bottom) the Beretta locks up from a single point (falling locking block lug)

I love the grip on the Beretta. Which is why i bought it initially... never shot it enough to determine weather it would hold up but it probably would have.

I love the grip on the CZ 75, which is why I'm interested in it. The design on the CZ is AMAZING. Solid, accurate, low bore axis creating less "muzzle flip"

Since everyone seems so interested in vehicle comparisons, my Beretta was a Ferrari. The CZ 75 is an M1 Abrams (or the Ruger GP100/Redhawk may already have that comparison)

Someone else stated If the Ruger is a tank the cz-75 is a bank vault... I'm inclined to agree with that statement seeing this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4kjU-jSNfA

and I found a good "CLOSE" comparison:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TvtRcrgIr0

revhigh

Hawkeye
Here's a good article.

http://www.gundigest.com/firearm-gun-reviews/research_cz75

REV

revhigh

Hawkeye
Thought you'd like it ... a lot of great background info there !

REV

revhigh

Hawkeye
DA_TriggR4Ruger said:
The CZ 75B seems the best bang for the buck. I will probably make that my new range/gp 9mm.

It's the best 9MM I've seen or shot, and I own a Sig P226 and a Sig P225. I've shot numerous 92's ... including the 'Brigadeer' model, which is really just another 92. I must admit though ... the older Browning HiPowers were excellent and beautuful guns as well, just not good enough for me to pick one over the 75 ... primarily because of ergonomics.

REV

I guess when I decide (maybe I already have) I just want it to be for the right reasons. The CZ75 seems to fill them all, perfectly.

CZ 75B Stainless
* perfect grip
* SOLID construction
* extreme accuracy (from what I've read)
* nice fit and finish (superb actually)
* priced lower than the Beretta I sold

Beretta 92FS Inox
* very nice grip
* a lot to be desired (by me) construction
* one of the most accurate guns I've owned
* AMAZING fit and finish
* kinda high priced

As far as reliability is concerned, everyone I've talked to has had issues with their Beretta when getting foreign particles (sand/mud/etc) in their slide (open slide design)

I don't know of any reliability issues with the CZ...

44-357

Single-Sixer
I had a CZ 75B 9 mm two tone great shooting gun. I traded it for a glock 23 so I could have a 40 to CCW.and I wasnt trading one of my Smith& Wessons.I have 12 S&W 9mms. I had a Ruger P95 and it was a great shooting gun.My friend has it he wanted a 9mm.both the CZ 75 and the Ruger P95 I would own again no problem.May get the P95 back. both wonderful guns.I still have my Beretta 92 I used in BLET and carried my first year as a Cop.and I will never get rid of it.great shooting gun also.I have never had or fired a 9mm of anykind I hated other than a FEG(bad trigger pull).I say get what ever you like and want.

Sal1950

Blackhawk
DA_TriggR4Ruger said:
Still looking for a CZ75B Stainless... They don't seem very easy to find...

Davidsons is showing 3 91128-CZU's in stock, those have the matte stainless finish as opposed to the polished ones.
Sal

44-357

Single-Sixer
I am in luck found a CZ 85 combat for sale at a LGS.has houges on it and appears to be dull SS or the satian nickle for $475.

revhigh

Hawkeye
44-357 said:
I am in luck found a CZ 85 combat for sale at a LGS.has houges on it and appears to be dull SS or the satian nickle for $475.

You better snatch that up right quick .... it won't last if word gets out.

REV