CZ-75 Stainless VS. Beretta 92FS Inox

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Beretta 92FS/Inox VS CZ 75B/Stainless

• Beretta 92 FS/Inox

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • CZ 75B/Stainles

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters
OK, emergency hit so I recently (and VERY REGRETFULLY) sold my Beretta 92FS Inox. Keep in mind I LOVE stainless guns. ESP the Beretta.

In a couple months I should have enough money to buy a new one. But I must ask, Would the CZ-75B stainless 9mm. be a better gun? If so why?

At the time of typing this, I could get each for the same price point. (Maybe a little less for the CZ)

ANY and ALL advice will be greatly appreciated.

I'll tell you this. I've held both and like both. The Beretta always seemed a little flimsy in the slide area.

welder

Buckeye
Count me for the Beretta. I've had several and regret ever selling any of them. I am right now trying to talk myself out of a 92fs compact, but looks like my next trip to Bud's, one will be coming home with me. I have nothing against the CZ, they're great guns, just really like the Beretta and it fits my hand better.

ProfessorWes

Hunter
Have a Beretta - 92SB Compact - and like it. Only problem is I don't shoot it enough...it keeps getting left in the safe while I take my Blackhawks out to play... :lol:

That said: I like the feel of the CZ-75s just a little bit more, and if I buy another wondernine, I'll get one of those (albeit probably in the compact version; I almost bought a '75 Compact in .40 a few months ago. If it had been in 9mm, I darned well would have bought it.)

(NB: Mind you, when I bought my Beretta - from a fellow soldier during my Army hitch - the CZs weren't widely available, being still a forbidden import from a "Communist" country.)

Let me throw my half vast opinion on this issue. The US Government just bought an additional 185,000 M9's because the ones they bought in 1985 are worn out. In 1985 the 1911's that were replaced had round counts of 400,000 on average and were still servicable.
A year or so ago in a two day period I had two M9/92F's brought into my shop, both with the same problem, accuracy had gone south. Both guns had 23k rounds fired through them. I called the Army Marksmanship unit for advice. The response, replace the slide and the locking block to tighten them back up they are worn out. The locking block is $75, the slide is around $200. There is nothing you can do to the frame except machine it for steel rail inserts, estimated cost $300. My advice is go witht he CZ, it locks up like a Browning designed guns. You'll be hard pressed to wear it out if you are a shooter.

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
I like Berettas, I was in the Army when they changed over to the M9. They're reliable, pretty accurate and the levers are in fairly good places. It's an easy gun to shoot.
I love CZ's and I don't own a Beretta.
I don't have a stainless CZ but if you like stainless, the full size stainless CZ's have stainless frames, the Berettas have aluminum frames. Very good aluminum but aluminum, CZ uses aluminum only on their compact and sub compact guns but their full size guns are steel or stainless framed.

I don't count CZ's few plastic framed guns, that's a different line, at least to me, kinda Beretta PX Storm like.

Wow! Outstanding information here guys. Very impressed with the professional nature and absence of misinformation here. Everything has been spot on.

Now. To another question. While browsing TGT, Armslist, Gunbroker, and a few other sites, I found a guy with a CZ 75B that features... NP3 Robar finish. Original finish was professionally replaced by Robar. I'm not to familiar with this type of finish. Is it like Ceracoat? It looks like a satin stainless weapon but this gun is a bargain.

(Another side-note) The main reason I bought the Beretta in the first place was #1, it felt GREAT in my hand and #2, magazines were a dime a dozen and no feeding issues with said magazines. There are still a few laying around. I was not aware that you could facilitate steel inserts in a Beretta frame. Ive priced replacement stainless steel locking blocks, and with the research I've done it could get expensive replacing them, esp if you reload and shoot alot.

According to this website, http://www.best9mm.com/ The CZ75 is one of the top recommended 9s. Just a thought.

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
You may want to check here: http://czcustom.com/CZ-UB-USA-Factory-Pistols.aspx

The CZ Custom Shop sells at a very good price. Angus and Rob are good guys. $624 for a stainless CZ75B, polished or matte. $462 for a steel polycoat.

revhigh

Hawkeye
ArmedinAZ said:
DA_TriggR4Ruger said:
The Beretta always seemed a little flimsy in the slide area.

You mean because half of it is gone? :roll:

You won't hate a CZ75b in stainless. Solid, tight, accurate.

Go ahead AIA ... post some pics .... :D

REV

When you say half of it is gone, your referring to the "open slide design" or "shaved slide"? The only thing holding the Beretta slide together from front to back is a piece of metal on each side of the ejection port. True it is pretty decent thickness and with modern metallurgy the way it is... I haven't heard of any blown off slides or cracking since a long time ago. In fact I've never even seen pics of a Kaboom'ed Beretta. Yet...

The frame rails and locking block however were always my concern since I bought my 92FS Inox. (Mainly from what I read) My guns get shot, ALOT and I try to minimize the purchase of replacement parts. Though I do keep in my safe a set of spare common replacement parts and springs for several of my guns.

I'm looking at the site mentioned above, it looks like they are waiting to receive the satin stainless ones in. Probably what I will order. They are STILL less $$$ than the 92 and from the exploded diagrams I see are much more substantial from an engineering point of view.

I like how the Browning hi-power handles and every1 tells me if i like the browning, I will love the CZ. Have any of you had experience with both?

ArmedinAZ

Buckeye
freedomcosts said:
Think I would recommend a Ruger. Just a thought.

Which Ruger 9mm is comparable to the CZ75b stainless? I've owned a P93DC, an SR9 and have shot a P95 and no offense intended the Rugers but none of them are comparable to the CZ. The P93 shot well but was too chunky. The SR9 was just a mistake buy for me. Someday I'll own a P95 as I think it's the best of Ruger's 9mm pistols and I shot it really well.

The OP asked about CZs and Berettas. Even though it's a Ruger forum and we love our Rugers we aren't afraid of other brands.

I see it this way, the Ruger P93/89 is built like a tank. The CZ is built like a bank vault.

SS75B2.jpg

P93Ruger.jpg

freedomcosts said:
Think I would recommend a Ruger. Just a thought.

I've owned Three(3) P89s in various configurations. The accuracy, and I apologize if I offend anyone, for me at least, SUCKED. I'm not interested in any Ruger P-9mms again, which is the closest thing I could think of offered by Ruger.

My apologies for not mentioning the fact that I had. I like the new SR series but not what I'm looking for and I LOVE Ruger revolvers, but that's a subject for a different thread.

APEXDUCK

Single-Sixer
Big fan of CZ stuff. I own a CZ 75 (poly cote not stainless) but love it. I have not owned a Beretta but shot a couple before. I like the CZ better. improved clone of the Browning highpower design.

APEXDUCK

Anthony Williams

Single-Sixer
Both are great guns. The only problem I find with the Beretta is that its grip appears to be designed for a person with hands the size of that of a ape.

A.W.