• Beretta 92 FS/Inox

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • CZ 75B/Stainles

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

revhigh

Hawkeye
DA_TriggR4Ruger said:
BTW. Would there be a way to post pics of the crooked barrel that was mentioned.? What do i need to look and avoid in these? Rev? Armed?

LOL !! :D We were just joking around DAT4R !! :D

Nothing to worry about with CZ's metal guns ... I don't care for their plastic at all and wouldn't own any.

REV

Lol I figured.Didn't know for sure tho. Hope none of the CZ fans here feel bad if I buy the Beretta again. I sure miss it like crazy! But from what i've been reading, I would be doing myself a hreat diservice by not getting the CZ.

revhigh

Hawkeye
DA_TriggR4Ruger said:
I see that custom grips are widely available for these. Even laser grips. What about custom grip screws? Flat head/torx/etc?

Not sure about the screws ... I'm not really into doing those kinds of customization to my guns ... I'm sure you could get them if you tried hard enough though.

There's lots of accessories for the 75's, cheap mags are also available from MecGar for about $17 each at CDNN. They're the factory producer for CZ as far as I know.

REV

Rabon

Single-Sixer
I have a 96FS as well as a 9mm 75b, I prefer the Beretta by a wide margin but thats a personal, thing they are both proven autopistols. Handle and shoot the CZ before you buy as slide manipulation for many folks is a pita as the slide is rather small and hard to get a hold of. The 75 b is a DA/SA without decock, if you wish to decock the weapon, you must manually drop the hammer with the trigger pressed, to avoid doing this many carry it cocked and locked (which is fine) but why would one choose to do this rather than carry A S/A cocked and locked when the trigger on a 1911 can't be beat?
The conventional DA/SA without decock is on its way out and good riddence to it. :)

Egalloway

Single-Sixer
Voted CZ. I think they are a better all around except the 92 will go longer in harsh conditions. With good maintenance that is a mute point though. The CZ is quicker on target, sits lower in the hand and has excellent accuracy. Both have crappy triggers out of the box but the 92 is a little better to start but the CZ will wear in nicely or can be tuned easily to greatness. Both are easy to repair worn parts and can be expected to serve long reliable service lives with proper care.
Eric

mexicanjoe

Single-Sixer
I have shot Berettas, and I own a CZ 75, and I can say the trigger, and accuracy on the CZ is IMHO better thN the 92. That said I have a P 85 II that is no slouch in the accuracy dept. Many years ago I went to qualify as a firearms instructor. I had to qualify with a semi auto, revolver and shotgun. You should have heard the catcalls when I pulled out the Ruger P 85!! But at the end of the week I had ZERO malfunctions, while others were muttering about a bad magazine or other. For SD a CZ is just fine, but my go to gun has RUGER on the slide!!!

Great information here guys. Found another great read on the subject, only posting because its relevant to the informstion available. http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=292287. More great info in this thread. Ive handled the cz and it fits like a glove but have not had a chance to shoot one yet.

revhigh

Hawkeye
DA_TriggR4Ruger said:
have not had a chance to shoot one yet.

Nothing to worry about from a shooting perspective with ANY CZ75.

Buy with total, absolute, confidence. The best 9MM platform on the planet ... by far .... IMO.

Plastic guns just don't cut it ....

REV

revhigh said:

REV

Unless they are mainly carry weapons. Thats what my G19 is for.

The rest I totally agree with.

The Cz 75 will be filling the role my 92 did. (range/general purpose 9mm.)

Been doing research on how they lock-up. Just like a BHP. Commonly agreed upon as the "best lockup" by the general concensus.

revhigh

Hawkeye
DA_TriggR4Ruger said:
revhigh said:

REV

Unless they are mainly carry weapons. Thats what my G19 is for.

The rest I totally agree with.

The Cz 75 will be filling the role my 92 did. (range/general purpose 9mm.)

Been doing research on how they lock-up. Just like a BHP. Commonly agreed upon as the "best lockup" by the general concensus.

Right ! I have a G26 (my only plastic except for the KT) for carry, but I pretty much retired that when I got my KT P3AT a few years ago.

REV

revhigh

Hawkeye
GDSimms said:
If you buy a CZ75B Stainless, I would suggest a single action trigger job which makes them a delight to shoot......

WRONG !!!!

A SA trigger job just makes them MORE of a delight to shoot !!!! :D

REV

Sal1950

Blackhawk
The CZ 75 is one fine weapon, on that there is no doubt, I have a couple of the Tanfoglio Match grade clones that I love.
But I do also own a Beretta Brigadier 96 INOX that I wouldn't trade for 3 CZ's.
There are good guns like the CZ, then there are metal works of art like the Brigadier INOX.
Ask yourself this, which weapon will be worth more 30 years from now?
Sal

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
...and that's based on you owning a Tanfoglio or two, I guess I'll base a Beretta on a Taurus PT92?

Sal, you're kidding, right?

Sal1950 said:
The CZ 75 is one fine weapon, on that there is no doubt, I have a couple of the Tanfoglio Match grade clones that I love.
But I do also own a Beretta Brigadier 96 INOX that I wouldn't trade for 3 CZ's.
There are good guns like the CZ, then there are metal works of art like the Brigadier INOX.
Ask yourself this, which weapon will be worth more 30 years from now?
Sal

With the amount of rounds I intend to put through my range/general purpose gun, I had mu doubts the aluminum rails and locking block on my beretta would even be around in 30 years, I dont know though. Just going by what ive read... I never put that many through it...

Sal1950

Blackhawk
Cheesewhiz said:
...and that's based on you owning a Tanfoglio or two, I guess I'll base a Beretta on a Taurus PT92?

Sal, you're kidding, right?

I guess your basing your response on a belief that the Tanfo is an inferior product than the CZ, which would be off topic and a whole different bag of fish. BUT, Tanfo isn't a household name here in the USA but before you speak too soon you might investigate their accomplishments in international competition, such as Eric Grauffel winning the 2011 World Champion IPSC Open Class, his fifth win in Open with Tanfoglio I believe.
http://www.tanfoglio.it/eng/home.php
ipscworldchampion.jpg

Or maybe ask Henning Wallgren
http://www.henningshootsguns.com/

Or ask Brian Enos his opinion, or even our own Yosemite Sam who bought a Match some time back.

But CZ75 against a Beretta Brigadier?
Kind of like a Yugo against a Ferrari.
Kind of like owning a Harley, if I have to explain it to you you'll probably never understand anyway. LOL
Cheers,
Sal

Latest posts