current production .41 mag Blackhawk

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ncrobb

Single-Sixer
I haven't kept up with model changes with Ruger single actions other than the Lipsey flattop .44s. Are the current .41 magnum Blackhawks the same frame and grip size as the flattops or are they the same as the older New Model Blackhawks with the aluminum XR3-RED frames? Anybody have a current one they can comment on?

Robb

chet15

Hawkeye
Current production .41 mag. Blackhawks are still the Super Blackhawk sized frame. And they still have the "RED" frame that I believe is still aluminum. The ejector housings changed to steel several years ago however.
Chad

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
chet15 said:
Current production .41 mag. Blackhawks are still the Super Blackhawk sized frame. And they still have the "RED" frame that I believe is still aluminum. The ejector housings changed to steel several years ago however.
Chad
Might add they only come in 'blue' with a 4.62" or a 6.5" barrel.

JCW64

Single-Sixer
I have one of the new model 41 mag Flattops with the 4 5/8" barrel that is distributed through Williams and it is very nicely done. Pretty accurate too.It also has the steel grip frame.

cadillo

Blackhawk
JCW64 said:
I have one of the new model 41 mag Flattops with the 4 5/8" barrel that is distributed through Williams and it is very nicely done. Pretty accurate too.It also has the steel grip frame.

Can you provide a more complete or precise name for the "Williams" you cite? I would like to research what they have available, but I can't locate a site or even company name.

JCW64

Single-Sixer
I think this is their info on this link. A quick search revealed they may have gone out of business. They are in a anti-gun state. Maybe someone else has more info on Williams Shooter Supply?

http://www.nasgw.org/i4a/member_directory/feResultsDetail.cfm?directory_id=19&detail_lookup_id=430

speedsixman

Single-Sixer
JCW64,

Williams still has an active web site, but since they are 'wholesale only' it appears you have to log in to a dealer account to go anywhere.

Myron

JCW64

Single-Sixer
That's good news! I didn't look close enough earlier, it was a website Wiilshoot that popped up and stated they went out of business. Thanks for the info!

gunsbam69

Hunter
The large frame Flattops in .41 Magnum were a distributor exclusive from Williams Shooters Supply, and were the same gun as the 6 1/2" 50th anniversary .44 Magnum Flattop, but in .41 Magnum, and with the 2nd barrel length available in 4 5/8". They had no anniversary markings of any sort obviously though. They are long out of production as of this time. The model 0405 and 0406 are standard large frame Blackhawks and are available to dealers from any distributor that carries the Ruger line. I don't stock them, but when somebody has me order one in my price on them is $485 shipped. They can be bought used in the low 4 range.

Williams Shooters Supply is in Quincy Illinois, and is a very large national distributor who sells to dealers only. They are a full line Ruger supplier, and the owner is one of the many helpful forum members here.

They have 10 of their own distributor exclusive firearms at this time, 9 of which are Rugers, 6 of those being revolvers :D