.41 mag

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Arky

Single-Sixer
I would buy the .41 flat top in a New York minute. I love the .41. I currently have the Accusport SBH stainless Bisley 5 1/2 in., a Smith 57 round butt bobbed to 3 1/2 in, a Tracker 4in, and A Henry lever gun.

rangerbob

Buckeye
I forgot to mention the Henry and Marlin lever guns. Of course, if one is using specials, there is an extra round to be gained in the magazine with both. Bob!! :D

magnum711

Bearcat
rangerbob said:
I forgot to mention the Henry and Marlin lever guns. :D

Hold onto your hat when you see the price of those 41 mag Marlins. I've read that back in the day, dealers couldn't hardly give them away. :roll:

rangerbob

Buckeye
I was there when you couldn't give one away. My current one is from the first run with the straight stock and lever. It still has the sighting in sticker on the forearm. I found it at one of my local dealers, on the rack, and I made out like I knew nothing of the caliber. The dealer was ready to sell as they had taken it in on a trade. Any way, $400 and a copy of FFL and I was out the door. I got my Henry as soon as they were released and am very pleased with it. Bob!! :mrgreen:

Lastround

Bearcat
Go to Whittakerguns.com. Just saw a flattop 41 magnum Blackhawk in the case, brand new. If I remember correctly, it's the 5.5" model.

bigbill

Single-Sixer
I want another revolver in 41magnum but not sure about a Blackhawk, vaquero or Redhawk. The 4.2" Redhawk looks good.

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
bigbill said:
I want another revolver in 41magnum but not sure about a Blackhawk, vaquero or Redhawk. The 4.2" Redhawk looks good.

Decisions, decisions. :wink: They're all great - get one of each. :mrgreen:

427mach1

Blackhawk
azleite said:
Ya know, I'm interested in that Redhawk too. I'm trying to find a review to get an idea how they shoot.

I've got a 5.5" Redhawk 41 mag and it shoots great! One of my favorite handguns to shoot. You can probably rent a 44 mag Redhawk at a shooting range and get a pretty good idea of how the 41 will shoot.

Latest posts