RugerForum.com

This is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.
It is currently Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:27 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 630 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:23 am 
Single-Sixer

the two links i referenced are very different in color and I dont believe you can blame that on a camera or lighting. not to mention the grips as well. This is my 5th Wrangler of different color and when compared to the original black, the cobalt I received is slightly more matte (but definitely black in color). I cannot say that I am disappointed, but I do want to get a "cobalt" and my lgs cant get any. I fear if I order another I will receive the same thing I already have

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:42 am 
Blackhawk

I too bought a 2014 Cobalt Wrangler, it is at best a bluish gray.

Look them up on gunbroker, the sellers that posted pictures taken in house are showing what the gun really looks like.

Check out what I found on GunBroker.com!
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/894823648

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:59 pm 
Bearcat

Picked up my Olive Drab Wrangler transfer today. Loading gate was fine, a little stiff but no straining to open, should loosen with use.

Transfer bar was getting stuck under the firing pin. Checked the base pin and noticed the little nub on the end was stuck. A drop of oil and repeatedly pressing on it freed it up. Transfer bar works fine now.

Hammer pull back is stiff, especially compared to my ultra-smooth Single Six. I'll put some oil on the mainspring and see if that helps.

All in all I really like the feel, solidity and balanced lines of this weapon. The barrel is shorter than my Single Six and I like that too.

Olive Drab is darker than pictures I've seen online. (I'm an Army vet, the OD appealed to me)

So far so good. Now I need to shoot it when I get time.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:47 pm 
Blackhawk

blue2golf,

Kudo's man. I like the OD also and it honors "our Vets". Thanks for your service. These little Wranglers are great guns,
built to last, like all Rugers. Shoot it and let us know how it does. I have several and are nuts about them.

Over in the Buckeye state,
Shorty

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:26 am 
Bearcat

Thanks Shorty.

While Wranglers are plentiful, the Olive Drab color is on the scarce side, I was lucky to find it. (Whittaker's in Kentucky had precisely 3 OD color in stock, now down to 2 thanks to me. "Sold out" everywhere else online.)

Single Sixes/Single Tens/Bearcats seem to have gone extinct. If you want a factory new Ruger .22 revolver, the Wrangler is just about your only choice these days.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:44 pm 
Bearcat

I got one in all black, love it shoots great.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:13 pm 
Blackhawk

Smoky Mtn Guns & Ammo dropped their price on the black cherry model, I succumbed to a moment of weakness.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:00 pm 
Blackhawk

Has anyone heard if Ruger will possibly make different barrel lengths for the Wrangler?
I'm sort of itching for some other barrel lengths in this fine little revolver.
Just curious.

Many thanks,
Shorty

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:46 am 
Newly Registered

I was just looking through post from a year or so back. Sale prices sure have changed.

I picked up my first Wrangler, a Model 2003 from a local Mom & Pop a few weeks back @$185.00 otd. The lowest I've seen elsewhere lately is $199.00 plus tax.

Unless I'm greatly fooled (that would be no big surprise) these are fine little revolvers for the money.

I'm likely to add a second one in all black.

This may have been posted before. Premium Pistol Grips has some nice looking grips at fair prices.

I ordered faux aged ivory and rosewood for the Wranglers and one set of 1911 grips from them. I think it was 15% off with 3 sets.

I'm thinking the ivory will look best on an all black and the rosewood will go on my current one. The rosewood look much better in person. The iphone doesn't do them justice.

https://premiumgungrips.com/ruger/

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:31 pm 
Blackhawk

Cdog,

Sent you a PM. Have some great grips you may be interested in.
Many thanks,
Shorty

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:44 pm 
Bearcat

Finally got the chance to shoot my Olive Drab Wrangler yesterday. Nothing fancy, I set up an aluminum can about 15 feet away from me. Lined up the can in my sights, kept missing the can off to the left. Aimed at the empty space just to the right of the can...bang! Sent it flying. Kentucky windage will be required with this revolver.

So yeah, I'm a bit disappointed with the accuracy but that's the chance you take with fixed sights. It is a fun shooter.

Last edited by blue2golf on Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:06 pm 
Hunter

blue2golf wrote:
Finally got the chance to shoot my Olive Drab Wrangler yesterday. Nothing fancy, I set up an aluminum can about 15 feet away from me. Lined up the can in my sights, kept missing the can off to the left. Aimed at the empty space just to the right of the can...bang! Sent it flying. Kentucky windage will be required with revolver.

So yeah, I'm a bit disappointed with the accuracy but that's the chance you take with fixed sights. It is a fun shooter.

I have 2 wranglers ,1 I have not shot yet . The one I have shot shoots to your description . I thought about filing the rear notch but I am going to get someone else to shoot it first.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:29 pm 
Bearcat

57springer wrote:
blue2golf wrote:
Finally got the chance to shoot my Olive Drab Wrangler yesterday. Nothing fancy, I set up an aluminum can about 15 feet away from me. Lined up the can in my sights, kept missing the can off to the left. Aimed at the empty space just to the right of the can...bang! Sent it flying. Kentucky windage will be required with revolver.

I have 2 wranglers ,1 I have not shot yet . The one I have shot shoots to your description . I thought about filing the rear notch but I am going to get someone else to shoot it first.

I let my younger brother shoot it too..same result. Oh well, I'm keeping it anyway.

I brought my Single Six along for comparison. Butter smooth, no problem hitting the target.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:38 pm 
Hunter

I really like mine too . But like you, I have single sixes and several blackhawks , all very accurate . I guess its the risk of a gun with out adj. sights .

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:36 pm 
Buckeye

Has anyone seen the Wrangler with the tan colored plastic grips?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 630 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42