Took the Marlin 410 to the range

Help Support Ruger Forum:

David LaPell

Blackhawk
I took the Marlin Model 410 to the range with some Remington 2 1/2" #6 shot to pattern it and try it out. The action is super slick, better than any new Marlin I have seen in a long time. The knob that I thought was for a cartridge stop didn't seem to affect it at all, so I am thinking there was a second part to it, a spring or something that rode inside of it, but since there's no shell count restriction for squirrels, rabbits or grouse, I don't have to worry about it and won't mess with it.
I patterned the gun at 25, 30, and 40 yards. I had two targets at 40 yards, one target had 26 pellets, the other, 27. It shoots wonderfully, and I can't wait to get this thing into the woods. It feeds perfectly and ejects the empties without a problem. I want to try some buckshot in it just for the heck of it.

d1gXS8g.jpg

jz40hex.jpg

qVjPJxd.jpg

32shooter

Blackhawk
What a neat old gun! Didn't realize Marlin made one years ago. If I found one at a reasonable price I would have one.

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
There is one of these on GB right now with excellent pictures. One shows the bottom of the receiver very well.
Might be worth a look for you. :wink:

Terry