Your opinion on this used sp101 357.....modded?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

yamalink

Bearcat
Local seller posted the following:

Selling my Ruger SP101 357 Mag in box. Has extra hammer springs, bianchi leather holster, 15 rounds jacketed hollow points, 10 rounds 38 special, 55 rounds semi jacketed soft points, 2 speed loaders and 1-10 round pouch for speed loaders.
Asking $ 350 cash firm

First, is the price fair?
Second, the extra hammer springs. I sure hope it was not home gunsmithed and the lockup or timing or whatever is screwed up. Guess there's only one way to find out.

Back to the price for the 3" 101. Fair?

Terry T

Buckeye
I think it's a fair price for the package, assuming the gun is in good condition.
Terry T

yamalink

Bearcat
Just spoke to seller. He said it was a regular range gun. At least 500 rounds 38sp and 300 rounds 357. The springs have never been put in, gun is 100% stock. Out of work and needs the money. He's a Ruger sp loyalist and just sold his 2 1/2".

So it's not a screaming deal I take it. I would offer less but the guy is down on his luck and I sleep better at night not breaking some guy's arm over $50.

wwb

Hunter
With the holster and the speed loaders, $350 is very reasonable.

Unless it's factory ammo, I wouldn't shoot it - there are only a few people whose home-loaded ammo I would shoot. Most reloaders are good, but you just never know. If it is factory ammo, then it's a little bit of icing on the cake.