Your Favorite Pocketknife?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

sfhogman

Buckeye
All the talk of pocketknives on one of the preceding threads got me to thinking...what's your all-time favorite pocket knife? I have lots of them in my knife drawer, but only two favorites in 48 years of working...

#1 is a Case #3249 Copperhead, purchased in 1989 and carried every day until I retired in 2012. It's still tight, opens and closes with a satisfying click and looks even better than when I bought it, because of the patina it's gained over the years in my pocket. Needless to say, it's very sharp and holds an edge well for stainless steel. It's an old and trusted friend.

#2 could possibly replace #1, should I live long enough. It's a Kershaw Leek in olive drab. Like the Case, it has very fine workmanship, a great assisted opening feature which is very handy, and with its pocket clip just disappears in my pocket until I need it. Also very sharp from the factory.

Just bought a Buck 501 lockback, and while it's a excellent knife, the finish is not quite as nice as the Case or Kershaw. Very highly recommended, though. I'm fondling it as I type...

Jeff

Jim Puke

Hunter
#2 could possibly replace #1, should I live long enough. It's a Kershaw Leek in olive drab. Like the Case, it has very fine workmanship, a great assisted opening feature which is very handy, and with its pocket clip just disappears in my pocket until I need it. Also very sharp from the factory.

The Kershaw Leek is one of my favorite knives. It is not really heavy duty, but I seldom do anything heavy with my pocket knife, anyway. It is a great knife...and I love how well it carries and the assisted opening.

pete44ru

Hunter

A Spydeco Police (model), that I bought at a garage sale 20 years ago for $0.50.

DSCN1692.jpg

contender

Ruger Guru
I have to say my favorite(s) are the original Schrade-Walden's, of long ago. I own several, and use different ones according to my chores at hand.

sfhogman said:

Jeff

I've carried many different pocket knives over many years. I could buy and carry anything I had a mind to.

But I now carry the Kershaw Leek, and I cannot imagine carrying any other knife, ever, for the rest of my life.

WAYNO.

Busterswoodshop

Buckeye
The only time I carry a pocket knife is when I am hunting.
I carry a Case Sodbuster Jr. That is the only pocket knife I have carried in 40 years.
I am on my third one. One I wore out. One I left on the mountain after gutting a deer and now I have my third one.
I carry that and a Cutco hunting knife when hunting. The Cutco was given to me by my Dad about 45 years ago.
The rest of the time I use a Stanley utility knife.

Acorn

Buckeye
Mine is a Case Peanut. I rarely need a large knife. The Peanut takes a nice edge and you don't know it's in your pocket.

Jeepnik

Hawkeye
I'll have to go with the Spyderco Police model as well. Mine is an early model, all stainless. I hate plastic scales on knives, looks cheap. Oh wait, that's why they use it.

stevemb

Hunter
Had a Gerber folding sportsman 2, drop point for many yrs until it was stolen. Now, I'd have to say a Cold Steel 5" Voyager. I do often have to carry some smaller cheaper knife to pull out in non-emergency, social settings as the Voyager tends to scare some folks. Wish I'd have gotten a 3" also at the time.

miniman

Single-Sixer
spyderco i carried one since they came out gone through 3 due to loss and theft they hook on the pocket and very fast to deploy i like the half plain and serrated blade best great knife.

mishtub

Blackhawk
CRKT M16-00K the old one with the titanium frame, non-serrated blade

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
A Puma made West German Army folding knife that was given to me by a sister German Army unit. Tough green plastic inserts on a stainless frame, lighter than a Buck Folding Hunter but just as strong. The clip style blade held it's edge very well, maybe the best I ever saw and it sharpened easily. I lost that thing in Honduras, still breaks my heart.

Bud0505

Single-Sixer
Jim Luke said:

The Kershaw Leek is one of my favorite knives. It is not really heavy duty, but I seldom do anything heavy with my pocket knife, anyway. It is a great knife...and I love how well it carries and the assisted opening.

Are Kershaws made in the U.S.A. ?

Mini Buck.

Stainless blade is almost 2" long, knife is 2-3/4" long when closed. Weighs essentially . . . nothing.

Fits nicely into the "watch pocket" on my jeans. If I have pants on, I have a knife.

I usually wear a Leatherman Super Tool, but I ALWAYS have the little Buck . . . if I'm dressed.

:)

Bud0505 said:
Jim Luke said:

Are Kershaws made in the U.S.A. ?

Some yes, some no. My Leeks are all Made in U.S.A.

WAYNO.

Snake45

Hawkeye
My two favorites--Victorinox lockblade (might be called Adventurer, I forget), and CRKT M16.

PocketCropped.jpg

reloader

Single-Sixer
I picked up a Kershaw Blur a few years back, it's been my favorite ever since. It's got a blade that looks like it was made out of a target grey Super Redhawk. I think it was the largest assisted opening Kershaw at the time,
there were some other models of the same knife that had shinier steel blades, but the salesman told me this one was the best one. It has S30V and 1670S30V made in USA on the barrel...I mean blade.
It's always loaded...

sgtjimh

Single-Sixer
Every day, Buck 110 that has been factory converted to an automatic. Very sharp edge and very rapid deployment. After carrying this knife for 1 1/2 years it would be hard to get used to something else.

Fox Mike

Hawkeye
Over the years I have carried many different knives but the Victorinox Boy Scout http://www.swissknifeshop.com/shop/swiss-army/victorinox/swiss-army-knives/boy-scout/swiss-army-boy-scout-tinker has been in my pocket daily (except for flights) since late 1993. Mine is Black and has my name laser inscribed on the main blade and on the reverse side of the same blade is our Troop emblem and number 965 Webster MD http://www.scoutlander.com/publicsite/unithome.aspx?UID=29850

ProfessorWes

Buckeye
For me, my most-carried pocketknife is a 3 1/2" bladed Gerber EZ-Out. I've had it for about twenty years, and it's as tight now as it was when I bought it.

Latest posts