Wow, what a year for Ruger!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

crispy

Bearcat
LC9 - Which IS going to be a hot seller.
SR1911 - A beautiful gun at a great price.
SR40c - coming soon.

All American made. All at great price points.

Are they done for 2011?

Are they done with PISTOLS for 2011?

mattsbox99

Hunter
Don't forget the Gunsite Rifle! They have done very well this year with the exception of killing some of the No. 1s. I can only imagine what is on the horizon for Ruger, but I am thrilled with this year's work so far.

A

Anonymous

Sugar River said:
There are rumors of a DA 22 revolver right on the verge of being ready.

I've been waiting, and pestering the CEO about one, for over two years, and gave up. And bought my Bearcats. If they do finally come out with a DA .22 wheelgun, they waited too long for me, as I have no green to buy one, and my plastic is still warm from the Bearcats.

Capbyrd

Bearcat
bearcatter said:
Sugar River said:

I've been waiting, and pestering the CEO about one, for over two years, and gave up. And bought my Bearcats. If they do finally come out with a DA .22 wheelgun, they waited too long for me, as I have no green to buy one, and my plastic is still warm from the Bearcats.

I'd be all about a DA 22 if they released one. I had the opportunity to buy an SP101 recently and passed on it because I didn't have the cash. I could have gotten it for around 350. I'm kicking myself now. It would be nice if Ruger made me feel a little better about waiting.

I think the next big announcement from Ruger is going to be an SR9 combo kit that includes a 22 conversion slide.

I'm of course making this up but if they did make a 22 version of an SR pistol, I'd be in line to buy one.

mike7mm08

Buckeye
I have heard that a DA 22 mag will be coming. Cannot share details but I trust the source. I am really tempted by the SR1911. But I have one fullsize 1911 already. I like the 1911 but to be honest I just get the allure of them. They are a great design and all but they just don't trip my trigger.Now if they come out with a Concealed Carry sized version I will be the first in line. I have wanted a Kimber Ultra Carry but cannot justify the 1300 plus price tag.

Jake Bauer

Bearcat
Sugar River said:

Oh my word.. i will absolutely freak out if Ruger releases a DA .22 in LR or Magnum. I'd like it to look a little closer to an SP or GP than a single six or one of the older looking style revolvers.

I agree, Ruger is having a fantastic year so far. I am steadily becoming a huge Ruger fan. I've always liked them but the gunsite rifle, the LCP, LCR, LC9, the SR9c, and now the 1911 (which I'm not a 1911 guy but if I was I'd look seriously at this one) are really making me look more into Rugers. A .22 DA revolver would push it over the top for me. It would prove that Ruger seriously listens to its customers. I know tons of ppl have been begging for Ruger to make one (including me)

NixieTube

Blackhawk
Yeah, it's been a really momentous year (actually more like a couple). Ruger has really completely recast their entire company. They've introduced so many new products, across such a wide range, and they've even managed to bring a lot of these new guns to places like MA, which I *really* appreciate.

You go to their website and look it over and they have a really impressive product line - very broad and deep, modern and traditional. They're really cooking, they're in Afterburner. They're giving people new options like no other gun manufacturer I can think of. They're not that heavy into shotguns at the lower end of the market, but I have the feeling right now they've got enough on their plate.

Take a look at that NEW MODELS page. We're not talking 8 new models, we're not talking 18 new models. We're talking EIGHTY (80) new models. Sure, I know there's some overlap there. But it's a major statement and they're really delivering on product development.

It's got to be an exciting time to be working for Ruger. It sure is an exciting time just buying their products and watching the developments unfold.

A

Anonymous

Nh Rugerman said:
if they do build a new DA22..most likely would be an LCR.

Please, no plastic one for me, and .22 mag would be okay, but do .22LR first. Just do a .22LR SP-101 with traditional grips and I'm good. Maybe three barrel lengths, and fixed or adj. sights, too.

bearcatter said:
Nh Rugerman said:
if they do build a new DA22..most likely would be an LCR.

Please, no plastic one for me, and .22 mag would be okay, but do .22LR first. Just do a .22LR SP-101 with traditional grips and I'm good. Maybe three barrel lengths, and fixed or adj. sights, too.

Why? The SP101 is unnecessarily heavy for a 22 revolver IMHO, very well built to Ruger standards I would agree, but larger and heavier than necessary. I think an LCR22 would be a perfect little revolver...I believe the LCR platform, i.e. "composites, aluminum, plastic, etc." is the revolver platform for the future for Ruger and the industry as a whole...just less expensive to manufacture. I love the Ruger six series and have a half dozen or so of them, like the SP series, never have been a fan of the GP series, love the Redhawk but NOT the Super Redhawk..so I am a traditionalist...but also, a realist....and I would buy a SP101 22 in a heartbeat...maybe a limited run for the Rugerforum members of record as of today 8) 8) How cool would that be.. maybe we should approach Ruger and ask them to make a limited run of 1000....anyone interested??

NixieTube

Blackhawk
Nh Rugerman said:
..so I am a traditionalist...but also, a realist....and I would buy a SP101 22 in a heartbeat...maybe a limited run for the Rugerforum members of record as of today 8) 8) How cool would that be.. maybe we should approach Ruger and ask them to make a limited run of 1000....anyone interested??

I'd like to see a .22LR built on the LCR platform. I think it would be a great training gun for people who prefer revolvers and a great plinking gun also. I'm thinking of this from a potential instructor's point of view, because I want to be an instructor and I think it would be very nice to have a .22LR revolver for live-fire exercises. It would be a compact and shootable defense gun as well. I'd put some money toward that. How many rounds do you think they could fit in that cylinder? I'm guessing 8-9 with no troubles. That'd be a lot of fun to shoot.

mekender

Single-Sixer
I would love to see a semi-auto .22 that was more like a regular pistol than an updated looking Luger.

Latest posts