who has houge rubber grip on a blackhawk? ya i know..

Help Support Ruger Forum:

wisecane

Bearcat
I have one on a Single-Six Hunter. The Hogue grip fills my hand and makes for a more natural trigger pull. I have shot this gun with the factory panels every which way trying to do better because the look is so much better, but I just shoot better with the Hogue. The rabbits don't know it was the ugly version that got them!

graydog

Bearcat
I have three blachawks. A 38-40/10mm convertable, a 44 mag and a 30 carbine. They all have rubber grips. Call me a fluffy kittens but with the rubber grips I like shooting them but with the stock rubber grips they just sat in the safe. So as for me they wear rubber even if they don't like it. At least with rubber they go out to play sometimes.

Graydog

LightningII

Bearcat
I had a pair of Pachmayrs on a short barrelled .44 mag SB years ago. I took it to the range, fired a couple cylinderfulls, and swapped to a cheap pair of gunshow walnut grips. I never went back to the rubber; I didn't like the way they stuck to my hand when thumbingcoking quicly ofr the next shot. It made the muzzle swing off target.

exlogger

Single-Sixer
Here ya go.... :shock: ((WARNING)) These Images May Not Be Suitable For Children. And you thought this was a family show.

Blackhawk.jpg

gifford

Bearcat
I shoot both Blackhawks with Pacs and the Ruger Old Army with Hogues. Most of my shooting with the ROA is traditional bullseye type target shooting based so it allows me the most consistent repeatable one hand hold for me. YMMV

Latest posts