Which Production Plant Does The Wrangler/Super Made

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Delbert

Bearcat
Thank you gentlemen. You've changed my thoughts on serial numbers.

No info roll-marks on the barrel is still odd. Only thing on barrel is under the ejector rod housing and roll-marked as #209-1120 in tiny, precise numbers, saying it is frame matched to the gun serial #.

I have a 209 prefix on right side while having 207 roll-markings on left side from what I gather by all the pictures and info given. No other wording/letters or numbers of any sort on the firearm.

I would really like to see a picture of your gun, Delbert. I understand your camera is on the fritz, though. But no warning, no rollmark nothing other than that tiny laser engraved serial- that's cool.

I hope I don't offend anyone here- but I got a kick out of the back and forth on the "4 digit" discussion. It was an almost like discussing things with my wife. Both of us talking about the same thing but seeing it with different eyes. 4 digit meaning one of the first 9999 produced, or 4 digit meaning there's only 4 numbers in the sequential portion of the serial number…historian vs engineer. 😎

chet15

Hawkeye
So as I understand it, just the warning statement is on the underside of the wrangler barrel?
If that is the case, then Ruger decided they better get the Prescott address on their Wranglers, hence the change in frame rollmarks.
If Delbert's gun does not have the one line Warning statement, then Ruger evidently forgot to put that on his barrel?
Chet15

Delbert

Bearcat
So as I understand it, just the warning statement is on the underside of the wrangler barrel?
If that is the case, then Ruger decided they better get the Prescott address on their Wranglers, hence the change in frame rollmarks.
If Delbert's gun does not have the one line Warning statement, then Ruger evidently forgot to put that on his barrel?
Chet15
Chet15, don't know if mistake and slipping thru Ruger's QC, but your last sentence is right on the mark. No warning roll mark or where manufactured on this gun.

I got some pictures on my phone, with the ejector rod assy removed to show under it, but no way to send through.

contender

Ruger Guru
Delbert,, since you are new here,, I'll mention that chet15 is the publisher of our "Red Eagle News Exchange" and has probably the most extensive published history of details on Ruger firearms. We collectors subscribe to the RENE,, and many of us do a lot to contribute to that historical base. And several of us also work hard at putting together an annual price guide,, as well as contributing to the Blue Book of Gun Values. Chet15 and weaselmeatgravy compile data from a bunch of serious collectors and publish this,, as well as sending our info to BB.

I'm glad to see he has chimed in with his knowledge here too!

My Wrangler (204 prefix) says Newport , NH USA on the underside of the barrel.
20240419_194553.jpg

GasGuzzler

Hunter
All this typing could have been solved with a couple pictures. The prefix IS part of the serial number. The gun does say where it was made on it...somewhere.

Delbert

Bearcat
All this typing could have been solved with a couple pictures. The prefix IS part of the serial number. The gun does say where it was made on it...somewhere.

Thanks, GasGuzzler, but the serial # we cleared up in message #41 above. However, you would be very wrong on my gun saying where it was made. I've taken off the grip panels, removed the cylinder and ejector assy. NOTHING stamped where made OR having the usual lawyer's warnings rollmarked anywhere. I've owned, shot and hunted with guns since the late 60's. How I was raised on how to read serial #s is apparently different from what is on this site, so I accept that and it is the way it is.

BULL'S-EYE

Blackhawk
Chet15, don't know if mistake and slipping thru Ruger's QC, but your last sentence is right on the mark. No warning roll mark or where manufactured on this gun.

I got some pictures on my phone, with the ejector rod assy removed to show under it, but no way to send through.
Delbert, feel free to send me a text or email of your phone pictures, and I'll happily post them for you. Just send me a PM, we'll exchange numbers &/or email addresses, and get this matter resolved once and for all...

Delbert

Bearcat
Thanks BULLS'S-EYE. I got the pics sent to you as requested. Being very rural I hope I got enough signal that you got the pics.

Delbert

Bearcat
Any pics of the underside of the barrel? Wondering if the roll stamp was just too light and got filled in by the finish?

Interesting error if it was omitted completely.
Trust me, with all the wording that should of gone on the underside of the barrel like is shown on other Wranglers/SWs, even with the cerakote, some letters would of showed up as indented pot marks all over the underside. THERE IS NOTHING. I did send a picture to BULL'S-EYE of the underside of barrel, but maybe it didn't come thru or with the shadowing it possibly wouldn't show up well to see any letters that weren't there anyway.

Delbert

Bearcat
Thank You BULL'S-EYE for helping me out with the pictures.

If I do have something different, I'd really like for someone more experienced in this to show pictures of what a normal SW would have on it, compared to my SW in side x side pictures with what is different. I know only 2 pictures is NOT a documentation of the gun and I can certainly get more, but now that a couple pics are shown, unique is being said, and that's not where a serial# should be.

How IS my SW so different from the 207 and 209 prefixes since I do know that my gun was manufactured in 2023 by Ruger's serial# check system.

contender

Ruger Guru
"How IS my SW so different from the 207 and 209 prefixes since I do know that my gun was manufactured in 2023 by Ruger's serial# check system.

Ok,, by all appearances,, your gun is different because it doesn't appear to have the warning rollmark. I first thought that the marking of the serial number on the barrel was also a unique feature,, but as Hondo44 has alluded to,, with your picture showing the ejector rod housing OFF the gun, made me check mine. Yep,, under the housing,, the serial number.
Most likely done that way to keep parts together due to the process of coating the frames & barrels. Likely done separately.

So,, as far as we can tell,, your gun just left without the warning rollmark.