Which MagLula for Mini=14 Mags?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Go Navy

Bearcat
Which MagLula magazine loader will work with Mini-14 magazines? Will their AR-15 version work? I'm not interested in the stripper clip version. Their products are great; can't do without them.

9x19

Hunter
I think the only one they make for Mini 14 mags is the Strip Lula... I use one with my AR mags... loads loose rounds as well as those on stripper clips.

dfletcher

Blackhawk
I use their AR type for my Mini, works fine. The loader I tend to use most though is the "Command Arms" charger. Drop in 5 rounds and push down the plastic lever - costs about $9.00 IIRC.

Go Navy

Bearcat
dfletcher said:
I use their AR type for my Mini, works fine. The loader I tend to use most though is the "Command Arms" charger. Drop in 5 rounds and push down the plastic lever - costs about $9.00 IIRC.

Thanks...I'll look up the Command Arms item.

I ordered the AR type Maglula from MidwayUSA and tried it last night on my new Ruger 20 round mags. It won't fit down low enough on the top of the mags to operate properly; I used a little force to get it on the mags, not a lot, and had a little trouble getting it off again.

Unless someone can set me straight, it's going back to Midway and I'll probably try the Maglula stripper gizmo next. I don't have, and won't buy, stripper clips, but I see that it supposedly works with loose rounds.

The good news is that the Ruger mags must have quality internals, because I was able to load 20 rounds by hand without a lot of force required for the 19th and 20th rounds. And these are brand new factory mags.

9x19

Hunter
The strip lula will load loose rounds, which is why I like it.

I have some mil-surp ammo that came on stripper clips, but the bulk of my ammo is loose.

Specs

Single-Sixer
There is a mini 14 strip lula that will load loose or stripper . I bought bunch of stripper clips and loaded a lot of 223 on them. The strip lula really works great, best on 20 round Ruger mags. It's marked "Mini 14" and "stripper clip mag loader", but it works fine with loose ammo. The loader fits the Ruger mag perfectly..

Latest posts