Where is the YOUNGEST "SR1911" ?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mohavesam

Hawkeye
I've posed this query in other threads but may as well start this excat question/thread.

Who has the youngest Ruger SR1911 - based on the "fired case date"???

Anyone have one younger than August 1?

Hmmm...? 8) 8) 8)

mohavesam

Hawkeye
I think the term "younger" is confusing some folks.

Recapping here: 'made in August' is younger than 'made in July" :shock:

I still have found no one admitting to a SR1911 made SINCE July. I am wondering, and maybe just due to oldtimer's fog, if Prescott has shipped any 1911's in August at all?

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Ah ha! Objective evidence!

Q - how many days passed between the test fire and your receipt? I ask as mine was merely seven. Quite a fast turnover - factory test to insp.-package-ship recipt at distributor-ship to FFL- sold date!

whtsmoke has the youngest so far on this forum!

whtsmoke

Bearcat
If thats the case then mine since it was shot on the 3rd and it had to ship from the factory to Liberty Missouri for sale and pickup on the 6th which is a fast three days, I wondeed why the metal was still hot and the wod was still tacky, :lol:

mattsbox99

Hunter
Some of you guys are worse than teenage girls with your rumors and irrational thought processes.

Ruger has been in full production all along, they work one shift a day and the pistols are in very high demand.

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Well, some explanation may be warranted, mr. mattsbox.
I eat lunch a couple times a week with Davidson's employees. Ruger does some things "differently" with regard to manufacturing processes and production scheduling. One thing you can bank on - Ruger Prescott does NOT have linear production - on the SR1911 or anything else they build! Every little tooling or supply or fitting glitch does not make the 'gun-writer' circles.

Some of those distribution guys have their own "rumors and irrational thought processes" y'know... hence my query about who here (just this little 'ol forum) had seen August-production 1911's. :wink:

The Wall

Single-Sixer
This was done before using serial numbers. But what the heck. My test casing is dated 5/5/2011. I ordered at my LGS on 4/30/2011, and picked it up two weeks later. It was test fired by Juan Estrada. Wonder if he's related to Erik? :lol:

daddyflea

Bearcat
I took this picture of mine after firing it myself on 05/07/2011. Check the Date on my posts.

050711001.jpg

ArmedinAZ

Buckeye
Uh, guys.... which baby is younger, the one born in May or the one born in August? :wink: Think hard..:oops:

Maybe the question should be who has the NEWEST Ruger based on test fire date?

lovesrugers

Bearcat
If I remember correctly my test fired case date is Aug 10. I just purchased the gun yesterday.

Jerry

GKC

Blackhawk
I just bought my second one today...test fire date is 9/7/2011. My local gun shop got it in today...I just happened to call them to see if they had one in stock, and they were just checking it in.

bedrockfred

Blackhawk
Hi all, bought mine 11/28/11 test fired 11/09/2011 by juan estrada # 670-1105x paid 708.00
bedrockfred in AZ.