What's written on a mail order box of gun powder?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

bearing01

Bearcat
powder smoke,

My wife isn't fully open to her family. I'm more open to her family on certain things than her. It's her that doesn't want them to know. The way I work is that you don't let things escalate in secret and then one day the big secret gets out and then sh!t hits the fan.

Regarding your neighbor, I would suggest you keep on the good side of them. They know you have guns and they don't. If you were to get into a dispute with them, all they would have to do is call the cops and tell them of the argument and that they are afraid because you own guns. You'd loose your guns in the blink of an eye.

The best thing you can do regarding guns and neighbors is to not let anyone know you got them. Unless of course you live in the country with only one neighbor and he has more guns than you. Most of us don't have that luxury.

bearing01

Bearcat
Jayhawkhuntclub":7e1z8gcg said:
Bearing01:
You know testicles are real handy in times like these. I think you should make no excuses. If they don't like it tell them that you can agree to disagree. All that is easy for me to say without knowing many facts about the situation. 8)

Oh.. I got the mouth on me... and the argument to back up my firm beliefs in the second amendment and how it is a necessity to prevent tyranny from gov't and self defense. The problem is that my wife doesn't want to spark that conversation that would most likely turn into a uncomfortable argument and perhaps ruin their visit with us. Also, her Liberal pro-big-gov't parents could possibly find out that I am a Libertarian and oppose a lot of the things they believe in. This is why my conversations with her family exclude politics and anything to do with the economy. I just grin and bare it and wait for them to leave. Outside politics and economics we're good.

ShortBBL

Blackhawk
Grow a set and maybe the wife will even love ya more! hehe Sorry but... come on man!!

"Don't Tread on me" but scared of the in-laws? LOL

Edited to add: Do they know you're married? :shock:

dacaur

Single-Sixer
bearing01":1yv67pth said:
Regarding your neighbor, I would suggest you keep on the good side of them. They know you have guns and they don't. If you were to get into a dispute with them, all they would have to do is call the cops and tell them of the argument and that they are afraid because you own guns. You'd loose your guns in the blink of an eye.

Wow, do you actually believe that or are you you just kidding with him? This being America, I find that scenario highly unlikely... I know the tards in office in CA look down on guns more than most states, but even there the cops cant take your guns just because your neighbor calls them and says he is afraid of you... :roll:

Rclark

Hunter
You mean there is places where you can't just sling your gunbelt over your shoulder and grab the .30-30 and head out to your vehicle??? Can't image living where you can't do that.... Or have people look at you differently because you do....

bearing01

Bearcat
dacaur":1cpljhzy said:
Wow, do you actually believe that or are you you just kidding with him? This being America, I find that scenario highly unlikely... I know the tards in office in CA look down on guns more than most states, but even there the cops cant take your guns just because your neighbor calls them and says he is afraid of you... :roll:

No, I'm serious. I heard it discussed on an AM radio gun talk show. I just searched the internet to find the show but couldn't find it. It had to do with a scenario where if the person afraid of you, I think, files a restraining order or complaint against you, the cops can take your guns. I guess you'd have to check your state laws.

Update about my powder delivery situation. Fed Ex delivered my Powder yesterday. My in-laws show up later this week. The cardboard box the powder came in had "Alliant Powder" and "smokeless powder" written on it and on the side of the box there's a big red/white striped square saying"flammable solid". Then one whole side of the box says DANGER! and all the warnings. Then on top of the box there was the clear pouch with the packing Haz Mat warning where it stated that the contents was smokeless powder and the number of pounds.

Crashbox

Bearcat
I ordered two, eight-pound kegs of Alliant 2400 about two or three weeks ago and they were marked as Bearing01 stated above.

I sure want to know what they put in gunpowder to make this hobby so #%@$&*!! habit-forming! I just took up reloading about two months ago and I enjoy it every bit as much- if not more- than shooting.

Then again, my GP100 is a joy to shoot, whether I load mild or wild.

Off-topic but I wonder if I'm the only person to ever shoot a GP100 loose; the crane latch screw, aka cylinder latch screw, keeps backing out...???

rwnielsen

Bearcat
My last order came in a Hodgdon box, "The name you trust". It had hazmat stickers and flammable solid stickers on it. I may as well ordered a box of hand grenades. Glad I was home when it arrived

Bell Swamp

Bearcat
I quite trying to please liberals a long time ago. Don't lie to them but don't let them give you grief over your conservative ways.

slippingaway

Blackhawk
My biggest problem with the in-laws is trying not to get too jealous of their guns, and trying to keep my father-in-law from trying to trade me something else for my Blackhawk... Oh, and I have to get a bigger gun cabinet if he doesn't stop giving me guns.

I don't know what they put in that stuff either, but somehow my powder purchases just keep growing. I went from starting off with 1 pound of HS-6, to 3 pounds of Win 231 a couple weeks later, to 20 pounds from Powder Valley (8 Win Autocomp, 8 H-322, 4 of Varget). I also went from 1 caliber to 4, and somehow ended up with 7 sets of dies for 4 calibers. Whatever they put in there, it's goooood stuff.

johnbh

Bearcat
I tried to order some powder yesterday from Midway, he told me there not shipping to Ca. That was it. I think some co. are stopping cause it's a real pain to ship here.

bearing01

Bearcat
johnbh":3680fexv said:
I tried to order some powder yesterday from Midway, he told me there not shipping to Ca. That was it. I think some co. are stopping cause it's a real pain to ship here.

Did you telephone order or did you do it over the internet? I'm in California and I received my powder from Midway 2 weeks ago. 9 pounds of it.

Maybe I should buy more.