What's the highest ripoff price you've seen for 22 ammo?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

AKDRSS

Single-Sixer
Not true for Alaska. CMP will ship a case of 5,000 to your door step in Alaska for $39.95 via Fed EX.

Cool info thanks! I'm a member of two affiliated clubs. $40.00 more and a wait time of 6-12 months. But would rather pay $40.00 more than wait in line and spend in gas to buy the same amount that would take almost a few months to accumulate anyway.

AKDRSS

Single-Sixer
Glad to help. 6 months will go by before you know it then you will be stocked. Once the first order comes in then place another order another if things haven't improved.
CMP is great to deal with and I been ordering .22 ammo from them for about three years now. Last time I placed an order my brother also needed some so I just specified the ammo went to his house and it arrived without a hitch.

CMP says that the ammo is "AS IS". Have you had any problems from the ammo being too old or wet? How many duds if any have you experienced? Even if there are some duds, it's still a good deal. Yeah, I'll probably order another case within a few months of getting my first case. My kids and Scouts can go through a couple of thousand each outing.

AKDRSS

Single-Sixer
All ammo is sold as is and no store will allow you to return it as far as I know. I been happy with it and thinking back can't remember any duds.
As far as to old never been an issue. To wet? They never shipped me "wet" ammo. I like Aguila ammo much better than either bulk Remington or Federal.
It is not as accurate as Ely or Wolf but it gets the job done.

6gun

Hunter
If you want to back order ammo just have your local gun shop do it, mine will do it for $10 a brick less than that CMP bunch wants and have it here in 3 months or less, so if I ever do want any I'll have him order it.

None of the LGS's up here that I've talked to up here will back order ammo for customers. Some of them say, "That they have no idea when ammo will become more available" and others have said, "They just don't". But all of them would order a back ordered firearm but not back ordered ammo.

AKDRSS

Single-Sixer
6gun said:
If you want to back order ammo just have your local gun shop do it, mine will do it for $10 a brick less than that CMP bunch wants and have it here in 3 months or less, so if I ever do want any I'll have him order it.

Am sure a lot of shooters would love to know the name of the shop and where it is located so they can order bricks for about $18 each.