what guard dog do you keep at bedside

Help Support Ruger Forum:

peanut

Bearcat
my Izzie
yoyo3.jpg

kybandit

Bearcat
One Am Staff and one whippet/Manchester terrier mix who have full run of the house and property...both are VERY alert and protective; .357 S & W and LCR with crimson trace on the bedside table..a little .410 in the corner, just because.

tightgrouper

Bearcat
American/Pit Bulldog mix, 15lb Yorkshire terrier.lol(he's not hearing much now days, but the bulldog is a youngbuck at only a year-in-a-half. He can hear a pin drop)
I keep the P95 loaded with 16 critical defense rds right next to me beside the alarm-clock and mag-light.
Just a little over a foot more reach away is the Mossberg 12ga w/ 00Buck 3" magnums.
I always have my left and right hands.:)

AZ Outlaws

Bearcat
LOL Early warning... meet the big guy, George. Back up is either a SA 1911 .45ACP, a Sig .40S&W and a Mossberg 500A 12 gauge in the corner.

george0851.jpg

driver52

Bearcat
Winston...Black Lab
Rocky.....German Shepard/Golden Retriever

If that don't stop 'em
Remington 870 Tactical and SR9 or Glock 23 depending on my mood at bed time.

rchjr

Bearcat
P95DC on night stand, my side. Model 64 38cal Her side. 870 with 00buck next to night stand. 110 lb German Shephard with an attitude roaming inside. My job is to protect my family. I'm damn good at what I do.

aminahyaquin

Bearcat
OKAY --I admit i saw this thread while searching for another--but i'd like to play!

You have all posted Great Arsenals including attack ,minis and maxis, and handy weapons at the ready as shown by posters on this cool thread ...
me, I have a nice protection too, as i used to do dog rescue.

i live in a rural area at the intersection of a small road where local druggies used to congregate and a slightly larger road which is more of a thoroughfare but still just a WV country road of 1- 1/2 lanes except at my one lane bridge. so i fenced up the area before my pasture that includes my backyard, back porch, and all the land that fronts the stop sign where the little road intersection is at. and i put my rescues in the yard in varying numbers and keep five or six at a time (rotating some of them every week or so ) in the house with me.

the dogs outside also have the garage which i made a cozy fresh straw strewn shelter for them and hope to turn into my cow barn anyway in time.

last night i had my only small dog a 25 pound mix of norfolk terrier, maybe westy and shih tzu and poodle --hard to tell all. very cute smart and a rogue, and 5 big dogs, in.
and my two large cats and three or four of the dogs climb on the bed when it's cold--they are all pretty large, beautiful mixes, some are part coyote or wolf (masked) from the mesa in New Mexico...the range also includes hound mixes to Rottie , dobie, lab mixes, chow mixes, german shepherd and collie mixes et al.
they are really nice companions and my critter family. they are a nice deterrant, all the drug traffic has stopped and my 8- foot fence is very helpful protecting my flank, while the chorus from inside is helpful too...in the front.

close by i have a loaded H&R double-action 10-shot .22 revolver.

100_2799.jpg

100_2809.jpg

100_2118.jpg

100_2593.jpg

all my guys are housebroken, and very good with each other, thank God

Wild Bill '67

Single-Sixer
S&W 10 and maglite. I know, it's not a 500 mag or such but up close with the right load I am comfortable that it will do just fine. In the dark in my own home I'm not worried about high tech sights just familiarity. We have a family safety plan for several types of emergencies including home intruders and I don't want to shoot through 4 walls.

Our pug dog is old, deaf and half blind so his days of being our first alert have come and gone. OTOH, I pity the fool that wakes up the misses before 6:30 a.m. Seen her mad a few times over the years. Not saying she can outbite a pitbull, I just saying . . . I try not to get her upset.

Wild Bill '67

Single-Sixer
fossils and guns":1ydfzdrk said:
I sleep with a Rhodesian Ridgeback and a Doberman... Plus I ave am LCR with factory laser gripa. Is this overkill?? ; )

Not in my book. No such thing as overkill to put down a home invader.

Sounds like a winning combo or trio to be more accurate.

A

Anonymous

There is about 170 Lbs of Dogs (2) in the bedroom who at least bark a lot, a Dan Wesson Model 14 6" and a nice Mag lite. And if that does not stop them a 6'2" wife who by that time will be really pissed off.