what guard dog do you keep at bedside

Help Support Ruger Forum:

kd4rgwml

Single-Sixer
P6280033.jpg
don't let the tequila neck tie fool ya, he quit drinkin hours ago. Oh there's an AK close also

Paine

Bearcat
I've got eight pounds of pure evil at my side in the form of a maltipoo(my girlfriends fault, I wanted a rot). He won't rip an arm or leg off, although he'll try, but he'll raise hell if you so much as breath. Once he's woke me (which isn't hard the way he barks) I've got my walther P99 compact on one side of the bed and an SKS(just in case I decide I need to punch through the door and because my girlfriend can't work the action on the walther or my P94) on the other side of the bed.

Thunderhawk

Single-Sixer
An 85 pound Golden retriever and an 80 pound Water Spaniel to chase the b/g and a 15 pound Corgi to trip him up! Then me, with a P-95, to end the situation.

BGVFD1502

Bearcat
Sp101 .357 mag. Plus two labs outside on point to bark. Two cats that stay with the dogs that will trip them before they ever get across either porch. They trip me every morning and night and I know they r there. They are brutal.

sparks701

Bearcat
3leggeddog":3vtz1fcw said:
I got a American Bull dog that can hear a flea jump, a SR-9 on the night stand with a good flashlight! :D
I'm pretty similar, SR-9 with good flashlight, but I've got a pair of Beagles that can hear that flea at your house from my house. :D

Tslepebull

Single-Sixer
In my house to get to the bedrooms from the front of the house you have to pass by a 100 gallon aquarium with a 40 lb (8 foot) Boa Constrictor in it. Now Dixie is really very sweet but intruders don't know that. Sure, there are other snakes in the den but none as impressive as Dixie.

Once in the bedroom a yellow lab and a black lab/border collie mix that is always "on duty" (actually I think she is OCD). As if that wasn't enough there is a short-barrel Mossie and a Taurus .38 revolver next to the bed.

Then there is my wife! :shock:

jp

Bearcat
We have a 120 pound Rhodesian Ridgeback who sleeps in our room. She rarely barks, but if she does, you better check it out. A Ruger SR9, 22/45 and Taurus 357 are close by as well.

Spikess

Bearcat
A S&W 625 .45 acp revolver and a Romanian AKM. I live in the middle of nowhere, so I don't worry about over penetration from the 7.62x39. And I prefer 30 rounds of rifle ammo to 8 shotgun shells.

wixedmords

Blackhawk
I keep a Charter .38 near and one of my various .357's a little bit further away.

There are 2 more firearms in the house strategically placed in case I am not near the sleeping quarters.

Still trying to figure out an outside access gun.

Joker

Bearcat
A 15 pound Min Pin that thinks he is a 125 pound Doverman. :lol:

Jan0115.jpg

revhigh

Hawkeye
He is surely a handsome little pup !

I have a 15 pound all black Chihuahua mix who is built like a little weightlifter, and a 30 pound Border Collie Mix (both rescue pups) that keep me apprised of what's going on in the house. Believe me ... nothing gets by them.

A few 9's, a 45, and a KT 380 strategically placed like easter eggs around the house back them up. :D

REV

zacharoo

Bearcat
A 6Lb. chiwawa as a wake up alarm. An 8 round Mossburge with #4 for close and a 9mm browning with 125 GS for finishing off the survivers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A

Anonymous

dacaur":1xe1wotf said:
Heh, I would call my dogs friendly, but one of them (the less vicious sounding one unfortunately) Will NOT stop barking at someone new who comes into my house until I pet her and let the stranger pet her at the same time, then she is fine with them.... Once, before my mother had met her, I had to leave town for a day and she said I could leave my two dogs at her house. She works from home and was in her room working when I dropped them off. When I came back she said I shouldn't worry about burglars, I have a pretty good guard dog. Every time she came out of her room the dog would bark at her, and not stop till about a minute after she went back in. She never tried to bite, just barked. The funny thing is that to this day she still wont let my mother pet her! She doesn't bark at her, she [the dog] just hides behind me till she [the mom] leaves. :lol:

You got any pictures of Mom? :shock: