What do you think of this Old style Bisley Vaquero

Help Support Ruger Forum:

gak

Buckeye
AFAIK they're all the same "old" or New Vaqueros. Looks like every SS gun in the Vaquero line I've seen, finish wise. I think someone(s) has reported a very few early examples were released with the duller BH/SBH finish, but I may just be imagining that and I have certainly not seen. Nice gun btw.

NorEaster

Blackhawk
Price is always relative to how bad someone wants it. It's more than I would want to pay. It is the larger old frame which is desirable to some.
For me, I wouldn't want that finish. I'd be afraid of marring it and it would be no fun to shoot on a bright sunny day.
It is very pretty to look at though

gak

Buckeye
NorEaster said:
Price is always relative to how bad someone wants it. It's more than I would want to pay. It is the larger old frame which is desirable to some.
For me, I wouldn't want that finish. I'd be afraid of marring it and it would be no fun to shoot on a bright sunny day.
It is very pretty to look at though

I hear you on the sights (I black the backsides of mine out), but to me the bright SS finish is easier to fix at least day-to-day mars cetainly than a blued gun, and no worse if not better than duller SS....and I'm no great SS fan -- why I now have four of the shiny Vaquero types :) to about an equal number of blued's.

Lee Martin

Hunter
I saw one just like it on another forum for $525 a while back. Sat there for a couple of days before it moved. The 5.5" stainless Bisley Vaqueros were pretty common.

gak

Buckeye
To me one of Ruger's gems. I'd like one of the original 5.5" SS Bisley Vaq's myself, in .44 Mag to augment--perhaps even replace--my plowhandle (since I have that covered with a blued one as well). Not in a mode right now to purchase but it's been on my list.

EDK

Single-Sixer
gak said:
To me one of Ruger's gems. I'd like one of the original 5.5" SS Bisley Vaq's myself, in .44 Mag to augment--perhaps even replace--my plowhandle (since I have that covered with a blued one as well). Not in a mode right now to purchase but it's been on my list.

There is a 5.5 inch SS 44 MAGNUM BISLEY VAQUERO currently on gunbroker for $600. It hasn't had any bids...and has been re-listed once or twice, IIRC. IF I wasn't broke and in the midst of a divorce, it would be sitting in my safe ASAP. I have its twin with a nice set of elk stag grips.

Joe S.

Hunter
i just cannot get excited about a polished SS revolver. i had a new vaquero like that (wasnt a bisley), and did not care for it. was very accurate, and the loading gate lined up with the chambers, which is a nice turn away from my old CCH Vaquero. but i just couldnt get past the shine. a buddy liked it more than i did, so he has it now, and i have a nice XDm to replace it. :)