What do you think of the Ruger Amercan

Help Support Ruger Forum:

transalp1961

Single-Sixer
I was looking at an American at the gun shop yesterday. I was kinda surprised, it did not look or feel cheap. The trigger was pretty nice. I will have to get once they have the stainless model available.

admin100

Bearcat
6qdyc5.jpg

why pay for accuracythat the Ruger American 223 @ 100 yds. 0.216 inch!!

tdubb

Bearcat
I picked up my .223 compact Friday. The barrel is pressing against the left side severely, while there is a large gap on the other side. I'm going to call Ruger, but I shimmed one side the front block a little and I got it a centered.
Yes the bolt and lock up seem solid and the trigger feels great, but with a tripod deployed the slightest pressure on the butt you can watch the stock flex and the barrel will touch the either side.

If you shoot off sandbags or something not attached to the front of the stock this probably isn't an issue. The bipod anchors the front of the stock and prevents it from rolling with the rest of the stock. Shooting sticks would probably be ok as we'll.

Can't wait to get it to the range.

Luckyducker

Single-Sixer
I have one in 270Win that I am still working up a load for so I can't say much about the accuracy of it yet but know a guy ( used to be a co-worker of my S-I-L) that has one in 30/06 and the handloads that I helped my S-I-L load for it put three touching in a horizontal string at 200 yds. off bench. Also, the S-I-L has a RAR in 308Win that shoots .25 MOA with his handload ammo. These rifles are selling like hotcakes everywhere and I expect Ruger to raise the price more on them, but maybe not.