what do you think .250 savage

Help Support Ruger Forum:

singleshot

Single-Sixer
So my gun came with a rear sling swivel screw that wasn't polished and had the same exact look as the trigger. I saw one earlier this week that had a polished sling swivel screw

This one here has the stock off a blued model
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=238834647

it appears that there are going to be some variations to this lipsey run...

El Numero Uno

Buckeye
Not sure what you mean by "stock off a blued model"? All K1A's have the same stock as the blue 1A's. That is, with the exception of a very few of the blued 1A's that have the Boddington checkering pattern and Circassian walnut!

picketpin

Buckeye
Probably screwed in the wrong stud at the factory. Easy enough to fix. I'd call Ruger and ask fr the one that matches the rest of the metaal. If they send it for free great. If not I'd pay the $5 and have them send one. Sure wouldn't send the rifle back over either/any variation in the rear sling stud.

Mine should be here next week. At some point there will be enough we can reach a concensus on what it's really supposed to be.

MY hope is that this sells run of 250 Savage KAs sells out so fast that they do another run in blued/walnut. Then mine could go live with somebody that likes the stainless #1.

Ross

singleshot

Single-Sixer
the butt stock on the link I posted.. The sling swivel screw and the pistol grip cap are blued... all the ones i've seen are stainless (lol... I guess that would be part of the way to a blued model huh..lol)..

I'm not complaining about the sling swivel stud on mine, I was just noting the differences is all...

singleshot

mrbumps

Blackhawk
I just picked one of these up and mine are both stainless!

If you read the gunbroker listing, he even makes a point of saying the gun comes with "stainless" swivel studs. Guess he didn't look the gun over that well.

Rocdoc

Buckeye
I saw that on link on GB yesterday and thought it odd, wonder if dealer swapped a butt stock off a blue #1. I tried to get a K77RSI listed on his web site last year, but no dice as he decided to keep it for himself. Can't blame the guy, IF I was a FFL I'd go out of business on my first shipment, I'd want to keep everything Ruger!

Belt Fed

Single-Sixer
I bought one of these today. I would rather have a blued finish but I didn't want to take a chance that it would be made or not. I hope the next caliber will be either a 32-40 Win. or a 300 Sav. in a 1S model with a 26" barrel.