What a day! Update.......

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
My wife's aunt, her mother's younger sister, is near death. She turned 100 years old July 1st, then suffered a stroke about two weeks later. It is difficult for her to swallow, and she requested no extraordinary life support means be used. She is given pain medication only, and has had no nourishment for the past four days. Hospice is caring for her.

Yesterday Nita and I, and Nita's sister, drove over to Harrisburg, Arkansas for a visit. The sky was dark and threatening when we left, and near Marked Tree, Arkansas, we hit a downpour of rain. We stopped and ate lunch there in Marked Tree, then went on to Harrisburg.

Nita's aunt recognized us, but could hardly talk. But she says she is disappointed when she wakes up every morning and is still here, instead of waking up in Heaven. Another one of her neices, recently widowed, stopped by while we were there, and told her to say "Hello" to her husband for her. A comment was made of this neice that when she prayed for you, it happened. Everybody got a little choked up at the situation, a life long worker ready to go into Heaven, and looking at death with joy rather than dread. Very good testimony from all concerned!

Couldn't help but notice the fields as we drove, rice is green and looks good, and fields are brown with milo. Have never seen so much milo before. The corn fiasco has dropped the price of corn so planters are raising milo instead.

Ran into a little rain on the way back to Memphis, but no heavy downpour. I marvel at what a joyful trip we had under such somber circumstances.

Bob Wright

Mike J

Hunter
I have experienced similar situations in my own family. I know it is comforting to know ones loved one is at peace with God. I am keeping you & your family in my prayers.

SAJohn

Hunter
Bob, Your writing skills are extraordinary. I also have many long lived relatives in my family tree and most were ready to move along towards the end. It is still saddening but not nearly as much when you lose them to wars, accidents, or the drawn out death sentence of cancer.

John

olcop

Single-Sixer
Bob,
Your post was uplifting, thank you for reminding us all to stop and smell the roses.
olcop

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
After we came home from church last night, we learned that Nita's aunt had died peacefully yesterday (Sunday, August 23) morning. Funeral will be Wednesday morning in Harrisburg, Arkansas.

I would like to thank each one of you who responded with prayers and words of sympathy, whether you posted or not.

Sad news is more easily borne with such expressions. The news is sad not because of her death, but rather that we are deprived of her presence.

My God bless each or you.

Bob Wright

JPGLSG

Blackhawk
Life....What is life ? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a deer in the winter's cold. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset.
For all that has been...let us give thanks.
For all that shall be...Let us say yes.
Here's to celebrating Life......

Colonialgirl

Hawkeye
JPGLSG said:
Life....What is life ? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a deer in the winter's cold. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset.
For all that has been...let us give thanks.
For all that shall be...Let us say yes.
Here's to celebrating Life......

AMEN, Amen, Amen !!

Latest posts