Wet Dog

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Ed... too bad we aren't closer, I'm sure Blizzard would love a puppy play date with Hoss...Does he swim?

We were swimming yesterday and I got these pictures. I have an old beat up waterproof camera. It's pretty fun to dog around in the pool. He stands on the steps and waits for me to float him across to the other side so he can swim back. I'm thinking of getting a doggy pfd but not sure if he would like it or not. If he doesn't it's just wasted money.

But he's a pretty fast swimmer. Here he is getting out of the pool.

P1100716.JPG

P1100726.JPG

P1100718.JPG

P1100719.JPG

P1100727.JPG

thanks, my favorite is the third picture. I'm going to have to try and get a better one of him shaking. It's hard though, water drops on the camera lens really show up.

kool dog.... I wish I had my camera last weekend at the family pond when after 5 minutes of running back and forth on the dock barking at the various moss blooms coming up out of the water my dog Bo slipped and went head first into 8ft of water. I thought when he came up that would be it... he'd be reluctant to ever get in again, but I was wrong... he loved it and then proceeded to swim out and bit off as many of those blooms as possible.

SAJohn

Hunter
I always have thought it neat that dogs start that shake at the head end and gradually work aft. Not so neat is that they usually walk up close to me before starting.

I would just be happy if he would shake off before going inside. It is funny how he does it...I've noticed too from nose to tail. Or where his tail should be anyway.

737tdi

Hunter
Kevin, I like pic. 3 as well. Notice he is just standing on 2 legs. I wonder what he would think of Max and April?

She is about 85 pounds and he is 137 pounds at last weigh in.

Got to love our dogs.

Karl

Karl,
Max is 137 pounds? Does he just eat everything? Wow! Even at 85 pounds April is a lot.... Blizzard is 47 pounds give or take.

You've got a couple of really calm looking dogs though. It's funny how the big dogs are more calm. Like they know they don't need to throw their weight around... Your dog Max looks like he would rather lick you than bite you.

737tdi

Hunter
Kevin, you are right, Max is calm. He is the most spoiled GSD ever. That pic. was taken when treats were about to be given. He is a chow hound. He is always hungry. April is the aggressor, she will get after anyone she doesn't know, Max is her backup. Just like a women huh?? By the way Max is a licker, he will get you with that tongue before you can move out of the way. Watch out though if he doesn't know you!! He is protective of my wife Judy, I saw him bare his teeth at a man once and it was impressive. I can take him because he loves me but wouldn't advise that someone else try. Great pics. of yours.

Karl

Roland, his wife, and I were at the lake Wednesday. There were these people below the Center Hill Lake Dam fishing. They had a little toy poodle with a PFD on. The PFD had a handle on the mid back region. They picked the dog up with the handle, dunked him in the water, when he got to panting too much, and put him back on the shore. What a scream!
gramps

Latest posts