Well, this was a strange revelation to me regarding my GP100

Help Support Ruger Forum:

WestTex

Single-Sixer
Having carried semi autos of various makes, sizes and configurations the last few years, I decided to pull out the ole GP100 3" this last week.

Now, truthfully, I have always had lumps / humps / bumps as part of my physique. But as the years have blissfully rolled by, those lumps / humps / bumps have managed to move to new neighborhoods on my body. Who knew?

The point is, despite the weight and configuration of my trusted wheelie, I am seemingly having LESS trouble concealing / carrying this wonderful beast than I did when I was slimmer & younger.

I have always shot this revolver very well for my capabilities.

I am just surprised by this turn of events. But very pleased.

I agree, but I also think we've always had the capability to carry larger guns without being obvious.

I ride with a bunch of much younger and much trimmer folks. The discussion is often concealability. The young guys insist smaller, flatter, lighter, shorter, is the only recipe for concealability. I then ask them to show me where my concealed handgun is. They never know. Then I show them a full size revolver or pistol under my vest, and they are truly surprised.