Weigand No Drill scope mount

Help Support Ruger Forum:

KYhunter

Bearcat
Sorry if this has been asked but since the search feature doesn't work was hoping to learn if anyone has tried the no drill mount and your opinion. I have a GP 100 and am having eye focusing issues and believe a small optic would help. You know the rear sight, front sight and target. Appreciate any feedback from people with experience with them or other ideas. Thanks KYHUNTER

22/45 Fan

Hunter
I had that mount on a 4.2" GP-100 and it worked very well. Extremely stable and allows any Weaver or Picatinny scope or red dot to be installed. The 4" version fits both the older true 4" and the newer 4.2" barrel length. I have a Tru-Glo red dot on mine and it's far easier to use with older eyes than the open sights.

There is an alternative mount made by Evolution Gun Works (EGW) that is a mounting plate that replaces just the rear sight and is also no-drill, no tap. Hoewever, is specific to the model of red dot you choose such as a Vortex, C-More, Docter, Burris, etc. It's smaller and lighter than the Weigand but not as versatile if you ever change red dot sights or want to use a scope.

Chuck 100 yd

Hunter
I put one on my 6" GP and installed a red Dot on it. It looks good,fits good, and shoots great. I liked the gun both ways and bought another 6" GP ,to shoot with open sights. Those 6"" GP's shoot like a laser. Mine are stainless and matching except for the sights and rail.

rob-c

Single-Sixer
Installed one on my wife's older half lug 6 inch gp-100, I had to elongate the front screw holes to fit her's but it was only a little bit. She has shot a bunch of full tilt hunting rounds out of it with zero movement.

22/45 Fan

Hunter
Oh, yeah, I forgot another option, the Weigand "mini-Weig-A-Tinny" no-drill and tap mount (http://www.jackweigand.com/Ruger-Revolver-Mini-Mount.html).

I currently have this one on my 4.2" GP-100 and it's both lighter and less bulky than the full length version. It's limitations are it's not supposed to be used with heavy sights over 3.5 oz (100 grams) and isn't long enough for a scope with rings. It works great with my light red dot and fits many holsters.

Latest posts