Weaver handgun scope

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Looking at this one: http://swfa.com/Weaver-25-8x28-Classic-Handgun-Scope-P2857.aspx Any real-world experiences with it or other Weaver handgun scopes?

Rifle_Scope_Weaver_Scope_849429_Classic_Series_2-5-8x28.jpg

Stumps13

Single-Sixer
I have 3 Weaver scopes on handguns. All three are on 41 Rem Mag and 44 Rem Mag and I have had no problems what so ever.
Stumps13

BlkHawk73

Hunter
That's good to hear, thank you sir. :) I wasn't too concerned as they do have a loong standing reputation just wanted that extra reassurance. This will be on a .357 max (non Ruger).

wwb

Hunter
I have a Weaver fixed 2X on a .44 Mag Super Redhawk... about 8 years now. It has been in all kinds of weather without fogging, and has held zero through several hundred rounds.

My only issue is that, when compared to a Leupold 2X handgun scope or a 2-7X variable rifle scope, this one really appears to be more like an honest 1.5X. That hasn't stopped it from bringing home the bacon (or the venison, in this case).

rugerjunkie

Buckeye
Blkhawk,

Burris is imo the best handgun scope for the money but i am a big fan of the Weavers also. They have forgiving eye relief and are easy on the shooters eye if that makes any sense to you. And yes , they are tough and handle recoil too. I doubt you will be disappointed with one.

Jeff

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Thanx fellas! I usually prefer Burris but want to try a Weaver this time around. Part is just for a change and part is they're 1/2 the cost of a Burris. Looks like it'll get ordered this coming week perhaps. Plenty of time 'til I'll hit the range anyways.

rugerjunkie

Buckeye
Another thing about the weaver is it has longer tubes on it like the burris has. Try mounting a leupold on an xp-100...the scope is so short the rings are digging into the bell and eyepeice. On a revolver I dont think the mount would space the rings that far apart but that is one reason all my leupold pistol scopes went bye-bye...

I find myself using Weaver and Nikon more and more as of late, both on long guns and hand guns. I played with a Weaver handgun scope and was very pleased with it. Unfortunately it was on a buddy's SRH and it is still there and he still owns it.

Snyd

Single-Sixer
I've got a weaver 2x28 on my SBH 45 Colt Hunter. No probs, works great. FWIW, Weaver claims their scopes will handle 1000's of rounds of 454 Casull recoil. I've got probably 1000 fullhouse 355gr 1200fps 45 Colt loads down the tube (plus other loads) and it's holding zero and the gun/scope combo is super accurate.

Latest posts