Weaver #301 scope base for Blackhawks.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

andyo5

Single-Sixer
Someone in my club has a Weaver #301 scope base that he is willing to sell. I could mount it on my Bisley. Has anybody used one of these no-gunsmithing bases?
If so, what were your results?

I like the aspect of no drilling and tapping, but am concerned whether or not it is stable and whether the single mounting screw (using the rear sight screw position) is strong enough.
Thanks.

rchery59

Bearcat
andyo5 said:
Someone in my club has a Weaver #301 scope base that he is willing to sell. I could mount it on my Bisley. Has anybody used one of these no-gunsmithing bases?
If so, what were your results?

I like the aspect of no drilling and tapping, but am concerned whether or not it is stable and whether the single mounting screw (using the rear sight screw position) is strong enough.
Thanks.
I used one on my 357 BH with very good results. I just didn't like the way the gun looked scoped and removed it. I heard no bad reports about them other than they will mark your barrel

rkrcpa

Single-Sixer
Bisley.jpg

I've had good luck with mine.

zombienerd

Bearcat
I'd buy it even if you don't plan to use it. They seem to have been discontinued. Every store I visit either lists out of stock, no restock, or discontinued. I've been looking for one for about a month or two now with no luck.

I'm keeping my eye on classifieds to hopefully snag a used one.

Sorry, no photos.

It looks EXACTLY like the one pictured above, except it's just a little bit longer to fit the longer frame of the Maximum Blackhawks. They were kinda hard to get becuse nobody believed they were available. I finally had to order it direct from Weaver, and even then it took two tries.

:)

Latest posts