We travelled................

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
When Nita and I were just getting acquainted, and getting serious, I asked her, "What's the farthest west you've ever been?"

She responded, "Which is farther west, Jonesboro or Harrisburg, Arkansas?"

I told her when we were married I'd take care of that. In the summer of 1989, we were empty nesters, had a good car and it paid for, and scant debts, plus a little money put aside. I planned us a trip driving out to Yellowstone, via New Mexico going and coming back a northern route.

Driving through Arkansas and Oklahoma Nita didn't seem too impressed. But as we neared Amarillo, Texas the terrain began to change, and Nita was wide-eyed. Finally, she commented, "If you told me we were on the Moon, I wouldn't know any different."

Bob Wright

Good memories. I’ve always loved a good road trip.

Growing up, both my parents were teachers, so we had all summer for road trips. I was never able to stay home and join the baseball team all my friends were on.

Bob, did you camp out or stay in hotels?

dweis

Single-Sixer
There is a wonderful feeling of freedom on a road trip that takes you away from those things that normally are anchors. My wife and I took a three road trip ever summer. We loved it. Since she passed on I have not done it, but maybe I will give a solo try.

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
Good memories. I’ve always loved a good road trip.

Growing up, both my parents were teachers, so we had all summer for road trips. I was never able to stay home and join the baseball team all my friends were on.

Bob, did you camp out or stay in hotels?

Nita's idea of camping out was at a Hampton Inn. Really roughin' it was a Red Roof Inn.

Funny thing she once said was, "I don't care how far we go so long as I can sleep in my own bed at night and use my own potty."

THAT didn't last long, though. She caught wanderlust from me pretty quickly.

Bob Wright

Latest posts