Warning sign......

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
This was on another forum, or maybe Facebook. But supposedly a sign posted at a residence"

"If you plan on breaking into this house, first make you peace with Jesus......

And tell Him you're on the way."

Bob Wright

eveled

Hunter
Pretty good advice to follow just walking out your front door and going to work. You just never know

Mobuck

Hawkeye
No such signs here. Given circumstances, such displays could go poorly in court. The kids gave me a "I don't dial 911" sign which I hung but one has to be within the living area to see it.
I removed the 'guard dog' sign and replaced it with "WARNING surveillance cameras in use". Non-threatening but sends a message.

contender

Ruger Guru
I like the thought,, but I like to surprise anyone who'd try it with me home. Sadly, I wasn't home when we got broken into several years ago.

Pat-inCO

Hawkeye
Mobuck said:
... replaced it with "WARNING surveillance cameras in use".
Non-threatening but sends a message.
My SIL (retired LE) takes that one step further. He has:
"WARNING,
video cameras in use,
dogs on premises,
NO TRESPASSING,
per AZ code yatta yatta yatta".
Seems to cover everything, making note of applicable laws involved. :D

He started with beware of dog, then thought better of it because that implies you
KNOW the dogs can be dangerous. Where the "dogs on premises" is simply you
notifying others of them being at the house.

contender said:
I like the thought,, but I like to surprise anyone who'd try it with me home. Sadly, I wasn't home when we got broken into several years ago.

Or maybe it was fortunate that you weren't home. Ya never know. :roll:

Mobuck

Hawkeye
"He started with beware of dog, then thought better of it because that implies you
KNOW the dogs can be dangerous. Where the "dogs on premises" is simply you
notifying others of them being at the house."
"Guard dogs on premises" is the signage we use for the areas where the livestock guard dogs are working. For information not as a threat. For the past 2 weeks, they've been in fields just outside my yard. Anyone or anything coming remotely near their assigned area gets immediate notice by means of deep throated barks/growls. FedEx guy asked the very first day if the dogs could reach the driveway.

Fox Mike

Hawkeye
I like the sign that simply says: "PROTECTED BY John Moses Browning."

Wyandot Jim

Hawkeye
In the late 60s a gas station close to me kept getting broken into at night when they were closed. So they put up a sign Beware Of Cat. Yep not your normal Cat it was a full grown Cougar that they would put in a cage out front during the day and leave loose at night in the station. No more break-ins. :D :D

Probably can't do that today :( :( Seems the old ways worked.
I almost forgot the owner of a junkyard in Rosenberg kept a Black Bear at his place.

mike7mm08

Buckeye
Seen one near me should of taken a picture. Big sign probable sheet of plywood on a drive way entrance.
" I got a hundred acres a backoe and a rifle you still want to date my daughter"

mike7mm08

Buckeye
contender said:

Me too. Missed out of the opportunity a few years ago when I got broken into. They were going out the back door as I came in the front. Would of been messy. Was coming back from weekend in the woods. Still had my 10mm on my chest with heavy bear loads.

Thumbcocker

Blackhawk
Civil lawyers get giddy at the thought of filing law suits against people who put up signs like that and shoot someone.

6GUNSONLY

Hunter
An old bootlegger in our area years ago (in the days when it was a "dry" county) kept a large black bear on a log chain in his front yard. One day my dad and I were quail hunting in the area, and dad drove up to Mr. Luther's place. He introduced me to the proprietor and the bear. Mr. Luther said, "yes, son, that bear has sobered up many a drunk." Some time later the bear got in the house and was reportedly attacking Luther and he had to shoot it.

Pat-inCO

Hawkeye
Thumbcocker said:
Civil lawyers get giddy at the thought of filing law suits against
people who put up signs like that and shoot someone.
Like which of the above?

LDM

Single-Sixer
Like that scene in "Death Wish."

"Do you love Jesus?"
"Yes I do."
"Well, you're gonna meet Him."

RSIno1

Hunter
Mobuck said:
I removed the 'guard dog' sign and replaced it with "WARNING surveillance cameras in use". Non-threatening but sends a message.
Why do I have a vision of your dog trotting around the yard with a gopro camera strapped to his collar?

Bear Paw Jack

Hawkeye
Bob Wright said:
This was on another forum, or maybe Facebook. But supposedly a sign posted at a residence"

"If you plan on breaking into this house, first make you peace with Jesus......

And tell Him you're on the way."

Bob Wright

Cutsie saying. Problem is it implies you will shoot someone. That's otherwise known as meditated (1st degree) murder. There are DA's all over the country like that jerk that prosecuted Rittenhouse, knowing it was self defense.

sfhogman

Buckeye
Well put.
No signs whatever at my place, especially signs having to do with guns. Advertising the fact that there may be guns in the residence is an invitation to thieves. And lawyers.
And making cutesy threats with generic signs is right out....

YMMV,
Jeff

Latest posts