Wally World Special 10/22 discontinued

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ddd482

Single-Sixer
chet15":2hpws0an said:
I_Like_Pie":2hpws0an said:
chet15":2hpws0an said:
Have you seen what Ruger's dealer price is in their basic 10/22-RB model??? Its $204.44.

I agree. Walmart wants to go lower and Ruger wants to go higher.

That point is about $200 for me on a 10/22. Wouldn't spend much more than that even if Ruger's well being depended on it. Same thing for x>$500 for a Blackhawk or $600 for a Redhawk.

But their not Wal-Mart's guns, their Ruger's guns. Ruger probably shouldn't have made the deal when they did in the first place (the first BBZ laminates that were around two decades ago) as that set a precedent.
On the $500 Blackhawk and the $600 Redhawk, that's just a fact of life. Would still like like to get a 25 cent pop at the local gas station too.
Chet15

25 cent pop?
i would like 25 cent gas again!!!!!!!!
:D :D

9x19

Hunter
Darth AkSarBen":2o37nxoc said:
I have a Stainles 10/22 Ruger I bought just a few years ago. Bought it here in Michigan at Wal-Mart. What is so different about the Wal-Mart Rugers? Don't see any firearms at our Wal-Marts around here, now, except black powder.

It depends... if you bought a carbine with curved butt-plate and smooth stock, there is nothing different.

If you bought a rifle with 22" barrel and checkered stock with flat, rubber butt pad... THAT is the Wal-Mart special (exclusive to WM).

theavrin

Bearcat
I got one from one of my local Wal-marts just a couple of weeks ago. They said they had several in the back in addition to regular blued carbines and stainless carbines with black stocks. Lipsey's still shows the K10/22-22 model on their list. In my area, they are down to just 2 of the stores that still sell guns. They do have ammo at all of them though.

vol423

Bearcat
In my opinion a manufacturer should negotiate their price to the retailer, not the retail price. If Wal-Mart wants to sell at a loss, why should that be a concern of Ruger? I know that the popular thing to say is that it drives the prices down for other retailers, but in reality most retailers would charge the consumer a lot more if the Wal Mart competition wasn't there. Do you remember how high the retail prices were in stores before Wal Mart moved in? Those retailers were gouging their neighbors before WM came in and put a stop to the gouging. If Ruger were smart marketers (and they're not in my opinion) they would want the volume of each model to be as large as possible and should sell each model so that it is profitable to Ruger and not worry about what Wal Mart or anybody else makes on each one. Retailers need to establish niche markets and to adjust their marketing strategy based upon the consumer and the competition.

Latest posts