Votes: 0 0.0%
  • This might be good for some folks, but probably not me

• What was Ruger thinking? Total bust

• Total voters

Yawn

Blackhawk
Ok all, let's see it in the numbers on this site. Give us a vote and then tell us why you voted that way!

Verndog

Blackhawk
Not for me. I would like something in the pocket size, and this is too close to my SR9c which I love and will keep. I would love another Ruger, but do not want to stock a 3rd ammo type, so a Sig may be in my future....we'll see.

tookalisten

Blackhawk
I would definitely be interested if I did not already own the LCP - totally satisfied with the LCP as a concealed carry gun; so not looking another.

dacaur

Single-Sixer
I call it a miss.....

Let me count the ways...
Magazine disconnect..
internal lock..
loaded chamber indicator...
too big.

Sigs new p290 is able to come to market without those "features"... It may be 3 ounces eavier, but its still smaller, AND has changable grip panels!

This gun just misses its mark any way you look at it.. Its too big to be a sub compact, yet too small to be a compact... It just doesnt make sense... why did they not just make it 1/2" smaller in length and height?

Verndog

Blackhawk
dacaur said:
... why did they not just make it 1/2" smaller in length and height?

My guess is they are trying to make it a superior shooter, which in that market is not the primary intention. I could be wrong but can think of no other reason. That 1/2 x 1/2 would have reeled me in, even with the lawyer features.

vacextar

Blackhawk
I have to admit that this is exactly what I've been waiting 15 years for someone to make.......IF it had any trigger besides DAO! Single stack, THIN, not micro sized (and not too big either IMO), 9mm, real sights.

The video review confirms it for me......I hear the words "long" and "heavy" to describe the trigger which kills any hope of Ruger selling me this gun. I hope for the sake of other buyers that they've at least made the mag disconnect as easy to remove as in the SR9c. If not, I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole.

I'm not saying it's a bad gun. I'm just saying that it's not for me. I just think Ruger missed a golden opportunity here to be the first to offer the magic mix of ingredients by putting a good trigger on a gun like this. There are plenty of plenty of very, very similar guns on the market already. Why not bring something new to the table? Maybe there are folks out there that can live with the DAO trigger. I can't.

dacaur

Single-Sixer
Yea, if they had lopped off that 1/2"x1/2", OR given it a SA/DA trigger, I could forgive all the other stuff.... but as it is. its just another middle of the pack gun.... nothing outstanding, nothing that screams "gotta have it!"

jhearne

Buckeye
I voted thinking about it. I do like it and I like the Sig P290 as well. I'm on the fence and for me, the determining factor will likely be the trigger between the two. Got a feeling both will be fine firearms.

I don't have a micro/sub compact pistol yet and this fills that want/need for me as I really want to stock only 9mm ammo.

RICHGCOOP

Single-Sixer
I voted excellent, But if I get one. I will remove some of the thing I don't like on it.
But I see why thy had to put them on.

Gunsby_Blazen

Single-Sixer
well, i think its a neat gun but i cant CCW as i live in Illernois

maybe if i can get ccw here i might look at it, but more likely that 357 LCR despite my dislike of DAO
if i was going to go .380 it would more likely be the Sig p238 because i really hate double action trigger pull, so that counts most of the pocket 380s out..

i was hoping for something Full Sized, but this is by far not a total bust!

Scott

Single-Sixer
I probably would buy one if I wanted only one carry gun, and didn't already have a full size SR9. I think I'll stick with the LCP as a secondary just because of the size.