Versacarry Holsters?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Rtsitler

Bearcat
has anyone had any experience with versacarry iwb holsters?
I am considering purchasing one for my sr9c.
They seem to have a low profile and are tauted as beening comfortable to carry and the price is right.
www.versacarry.com
I am looking at the genII with trigger guard.

recumbent

Buckeye
First I've heard of them.
I followed the link and the first thing I thought of was in the summer under a shirt the pistol would be against your skin.

I use a crossbreed super tuck deluxe and it is the most comfortable holster I have ever owned.
www.crossbreedholsters.com

Bob

Rtsitler

Bearcat
I wear an undershirt everyday no matter the weather so the gun wouldn't be against my skin at all.
I don't know why I wear the undershirts... Just have for a long time... :)

Leucoandro

Single-Sixer
If you want to go all minimalist, check this holster out.

http://www.doubletapholsters.com/page/products#ecwid:category=2538237&mode=product&product=11101125

Charlie

Rtsitler

Bearcat
Leucoandro said:
If you want to go all minimalist, check this holster out.

http://www.doubletapholsters.com/page/products#ecwid:category=2538237&mode=product&product=11101125

Charlie
Those are very nice as well, only issue I have with them is they are not ambidextrous.
I think I'm going to order a versacarry and ill review it here after using it for a while.

mikee57

Bearcat
I had one for my LC9. The key word is had. In my opinion they are cheap and really not comfortable. I now use a sticky holster.

Rtsitler

Bearcat
mikee57 said:
I had one for my LC9. The key word is had. In my opinion they are cheap and really not comfortable. I now use a sticky holster.

What exactly is a sticky holster?
got a link?
I'm interested in checking out all my options.

carbonyl

Single-Sixer
mikee57 said:

I just ordered the Versacarry for my SR9c. If you didn't like it you should try to post your opinion on the Versacarry website and see if they publish it. The fact that everyone that reviewed it on their website loved them and gave them five stars made me suspicious. In real life, no matter how great your product might be, someone is going to be less than thrilled with it so I guess I'll soon see for myself.

recumbent

Buckeye
Rtsitler said:
mikee57 said:

got a link?

Google "Sticky Holster",

A friend of mine really likes his.

Rtsitler

Bearcat
recumbent said:
Rtsitler said:
mikee57 said:

got a link?

Google "Sticky Holster",

A friend of mine really likes his.

Looks interesting, does it really stay where you put it?
I really want a minimal holster but I do want the security that it's not going fall out or need readjusted all the time.

I guess I need to keep my options open for now, ill just keep using the Blackhawk iwb I've been using for now.

recumbent

Buckeye
A friend of mine bought a sticky holster about a year ago at a gun show.
He carries his LCR in it and really likes the holster; he uses it every day and says
It stays in place. Puts it inside the waist band on his pants.
Bob

cluznar

Bearcat
Bought a VersaCarry for my Bersa Thunder .380, it is okay, but after wearing it for a few weeks I realized how much nicer a good holster is. Have some very nice holsters now for the Bersa and my SR9c.

Rtsitler

Bearcat
I received my versacarry on Friday and have been using it all weekend and so far it has lived up to everything they claimed on their website.
The only issue I had with it is the trigger guard was hitting the mag release, a simple notching out of the guard and no more inadvertent magazine releases.
I'm extremely satisfied with the comfort of carrying my sr9c, this will be my everyday carry holster from now on.