Velocity on .44 mag load....?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

the Black Spot

Bearcat
COR said:
OK I understand the knowledge point but reloading is serious to me and the OP is apparently not a "seasoned" reloader quote]

so you took my original post and deducted that i was not a seasoned reloader? because i don't have a chronograph and was asking about the speed of a load? i have been reloading for 20 years.

by the way i cannot find anywhere on hodgdons site that says do not reduce lilgun below minimum's, i saw the w296/h110 warning but not lilgun. i did call hodgdon and they told me the 10 grain load MIGHT cause inconsistant ignition. still i am NOT going to take a chance. although i do think that adding a filler on top of the powder would make this load ok, BUT it would need to be tested and i do not have the equipment or time to test it. using filler is okay, it has been used quite frequently in rifle cases to keep light loads up against the primer.

Hammerdown77

Blackhawk
Only problem is, it's not a full pound. Because it's so bulky, it's only 9oz. per can, but you should still be able to get a bunch of loads out of that one can. It's $17/can here, too.

COR

Blackhawk
the Black Spot said:
COR said:
OK I understand the knowledge point but reloading is serious to me and the OP is apparently not a "seasoned" reloader quote]

so you took my original post and deducted that i was not a seasoned reloader? because i don't have a chronograph and was asking about the speed of a load? i have been reloading for 20 years.

I assumed that due to the questions but I will stop now...good luck. Sorry to offend you with my assumption....btw don't mess with Lil Gun and filler. You will not find that in any manual.

the Black Spot

Bearcat
called hodgdon today. it is ok to use trail boss with the 315 grain bullet in 44 mag. max load is all the powder to where base of bullet will be seated. minimum is 30% of that max load.