Vehicle Makeover

Help Support Ruger Forum:

David LaPell

Blackhawk
I have a 01 Jeep Cherokee that has been around a bit, has 140,000 miles on it and has been in a couple of scrapes, but since I really don't have the money to fix all of the stuff and since Chrysler stuff is really in the tank, none of their vehicles here are really worth anything. The repairs would cost more than it would be worth. So I decided to give it a backyard paintjob in my favorite color, camoflauge! Now it definitely gets attention whereever it goes (used to be a white with a smattering of rust spots). Just have to put the CB antenna on and the redneck ride will be complete.
Picture1272.jpg

Picture1271.jpg

Picture1270.jpg

bub

Single-Sixer
Very nice. I've always wanted a plain Jane, standard Cherokee. I don't know what it is about them, but I like them.

Bub

HIVO

Single-Sixer
Friend of mine had a 4x4 toyota sprayed with primer green. Kept a can of Krylon behind the seat for any scratches he got on her. Instant touch-up!
HIVO

flatgate

Hawkeye
I've had this ol' clunker since '67. It's been through several engines and I just ordered a GM ZZ4 (350 c.i., 10:1 compression) long block with aluminum heads and a roller cam...

336294893.jpg

The ol' Jeep's gonna rise again!

flatgate

psyclone66

Single-Sixer
Stop by the local mill and get a couple 2by oak scaffolding planks. They are the real deal in redneck bumpers. Cherokees were real high up on the list of cash for clunker turn-ins. If you need body parts all the u-pullem yards have plenty.