Vaquero sheriffs $$ question.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Tellico

Buckeye
Unfired since fact., plastic case, no padlock, has manual but no other papers and a few handling marks with slight turn ring. .357cal, 2002 man., ser. # 58-085XX. Polished SS with fake ivory and the big scrimshaw bird. What would be the aprox. value? Is it worth $550? I sure like it!

Fred

Joe S.

Hunter
If you like it, id say $550 isnt far fetched. Id pay $550 for a good condition used sheriff's model that i liked.

JPGLSG

Blackhawk
I have several in the polished SS 45s in the 58 prefix did not get any at the $550 mark, paid more than that. I'd say jump for it and shoot, seen some on GN go for the $700. plus number.

God&huntingdogs

Single-Sixer
Prices are crazy, I was blessed enough to buy a 44 special sherrif for $430. There is a guy on gunbroker who wanted $850 for the same gun! Yes it's rare, yes it's handy, yes it makes a great ccw piece but $850? Might as well spend the extra money and get a colt, good deals on those to be had.

rtl

Single-Sixer
I doubt you'll ever find that model in that condition at that price ever again. I have four of these in .45 lc, two of which are birdshead gripped, and would personally buy this one sight unseen from just your description. I completely agree with contender: buy it, shoot it, take care of it, and if ever you want to sell it you'll probably be able to sell it for what you paid for it if not even a little more.

Long Colt

Bearcat
Too bad its so hard to post pictures here. I bought one last week for the $550 figure, I'd do it again!

Latest posts