Vaquero ivory grips

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BigMike

Bearcat
I have a Vaquero 44 mag, 7.5 barrel stainless steel. Production year was 2000. The grips has the Ruger logo lower down on the grip near bottom. It looks laser engraved. Are these original or some type of repro? I have seen others with same grip

Welcome
If you mean like these they are original.
1688273720002.png

hittman

Staff member
Just a variation, not a replacement of another style that was discontinued.

hittman

Staff member
Ruger's model number of your specific gun may lend a clue about which grips it was delivered with.

hittman

Staff member
I don't think that's a Ruger model number.
I was looking for more what Jim posted in post 11.
If you don't have the factory box, a $10 verification letter from Ruger would help.

I seem to recall that the distributor special guns had a "DS" on the end of the catalog number???? or was a "special" when you bought so many other models, you qualified for one if the "specials"????thats what we were told by BIll E ) appleman) here on the forum,,,when he was alive and a Ruger 'dealer' locally...Miss you Bill........:(

hittman

Staff member
Yep …. I should have said catalog number not model number.

BigMike

Bearcat
I don't think that's a Ruger model number.
I was looking for more what Jim posted in post 11.
If you don't have the factory box, a $10 verification letter from Ruger would help.
I am sorry,that was the serial no. I do not have the box. What about no markings on barrel?

hittman

Staff member
Under the ejector rod housing there may be the "warning" about reading owners manual, etc.
On The left side of the frame under the cylinder it should be marked "Ruger Vaquero" and caliber, etc.

BigMike

Bearcat
Under the ejector rod housing there may be the "warning" about reading owners manual, etc.
On The left side of the frame under the cylinder it should be marked "Ruger Vaquero" and caliber, etc.
No markings on barrel at all,even under egector rod housing. The left side has Ruger Vaquero,the right is the serial no.

Latest posts