Vaquero case coloring reblue question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

LuckenbachTexas

Buckeye
I have a OM 44 that is starting to look pretty ragged on the case coloring, does Ruger still offer that free Reblue?

My blued barrel, grip frame, and cyl, look great. The CC looks like crap!

ADP3

Single-Sixer
The Original Vaqueros didn't have true case color. It was just a "paint-like" finish. Ruger will refinish your Vaquero but it will be all blue. The blue will stand up much better than the fake case color.

Best Regards,
ADP3

I sent in a Vaquero for the same reason you mentioned. I was offered a free re blue.
I declined explaining I wanted the original finish the way I bought it. They OKed that
but it takes longer as its done by a vendor. Short answer Yes they will Blue it, Free.
They sent me a call tag in my email. I printed it out and gave to a ups driver I seen in town.
Went smooth.

And no Blue is not fake. or was that sarcasm? :D ps

no bluing is bluing, and in the case of Ruger ,being they no longer offer that,you would have to send in or contact them as to a "blued" finish, though they may say "NO changes in finish" ??? I have no clue any longer, you'd have to contact them and ask..I know we have just simply "reblued" any that have come to us over the years, they come out quite nice......

lmhans4440

Bearcat
Just send it to Doug Turnbull, and have him do the real case color and charcoal blue. They turn out really nice. I believe it's around $450 to case color and reblue.

finishingright.jpg

Enigma

Hunter
lmhans4440 said:
Just send it to Doug Turnbull, and have him do the real case color and charcoal blue. They turn out really nice. I believe it's around $450 to case color and reblue.

finishingright.jpg

Now THAT is a sweet looking sixgun!

schloss

Single-Sixer
https://youtu.be/A9ExouQ2byY

https://youtu.be/sFWLQeTCJ4s

Considerably different than just oil quenching. Does have a few similarities, though. Turnbull does the best looking color case hardening I've ever seen. Been wanting to start experimenting with it myself, but haven't gotten there yet. Too many other things going on right now.

Whiterabbit

Bearcat
Cheaper than $450 if you strip the frame yourself. Lead time is short too if you're just getting case coloring and returned to you. I hear you can get even cheaper service if you prep the frame yourself, but I just left that part to the experts.

It's not "free", but it's also not blue. And it looks a DARN sight better than the ruger CCH!