Vaquero 357/9mm ?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Dusterman

Single-Sixer
I have 2 Vaqueros right now 1 is a 44 magnum 4 5/8" stainless and a 45 LC/ACP 4 5/8" stainless. I would like a 357/9mm to match my other 2 Vaqueros, my question is did Ruger make one of these or am I going to be just getting a 357 only. Thanks for any info, Dusterman

Dusterman

Single-Sixer
The 45 is a large frame thats why I want a 357 large frame so it will match my other 2 Vaqueros, I was just wondering if Ruger made a 357/9mm convertable in the large frame in 4 5/8" stainless. Here's the 2 I have now.
0511101221.jpg

street

Hunter
I don't think that they made a Vaquero in 357-9MM. I'm not sure but I don't think so. You may find a 9mm cylinder for sale, that came on a Blackhawk, that may fit your gun, but it in just about all cases would be a blue one. They only made about 200 Stainless Blackhawk 357-9mm convertibles, and there is not many spare 9mm stainless cylinders floating around.

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
Actually, there was indeed a .357/9mm convertible Vaquero, I can say this with some certainty because I own one. But they will not be easy to find as it was a limited run for Lipsey's in about 2002, model BNV-35X, about 500 made. Also, it was a blue/CC gun, not offered in stainless, and I believe only in the 5.5" barrel.

chet15

Hawkeye
Dusterman:
We do have a BNV-35X available if interested. Just send a PM.
Here's what I have on that one from my updated reference:

BNV-35X (Ruger model 0506). Special Distributor model .357 Mag. with 5-1/2" barrel and extra 9mm cylinder. Known s/n range 58-06500 to 58-09104. A total of 251 shipped in 2001 to Lipsey's (LA).

Chet15

Like street said, you can find a BH 9mm cylinder, get it fitted to your gun and then send the cylinder to get it 'Metalifed SS" (makes a blue cylinder look and act much like stainless.....)we've done it this way for customers over the years...........and as its only a "part" ( the cylinder) you can ship it direct to 'Mahovskysmetalife dot com'.........then you'd have a stainless gun,, with a matching spare cylinder......

Dusterman

Single-Sixer
Thank you for the replys and ideas (street & rugerguy). Chet15 I'll keep you in mind if I decide to move up to a 5 1/2" barrel but for now I'll just have to be satisfied with a 357, of course I will be happy with that, it still will be a nice little collection to have. Thanks again for the replys. Dusterman

Dusterman":2qap49le said:
The 45 is a large frame[/img]

Man, Ruger is crazy. I recently called them to ask about having my .45acp cylinder from my Blackhawk convertible, fitted to my large original Vaquero, and they told me they wouldn't, because the 45 Vaquero was never offered as a convertible.

Oh I know it can be done, it's just weird that Ruger said they wouldn't and that it never was offered and yet it apparently was.

It's odd that whoever they have on the phones doesn't always seem to up on their own company?????

chet15

Hawkeye
Bear Claw Chris Lappe":30t8bqsy said:
Oh I know it can be done, it's just weird that Ruger said they wouldn't and that it never was offered and yet it apparently was.

It's odd that whoever they have on the phones doesn't always seem to up on their own company?????

The issue there is that most employees really don't know what is passing through their hands (is not easy for most of us to understand that). Life at Ruger would be just like life at any other mass manufacturer. I would suppose that with literally millions of guns passing through the doors year after year that everything would seem like a blur after a while. Not only that but only a small percentage of the folks there actually have a completed model in their hands before it goes to final inspect and then to shipping, so what do you say....90%(?) would have no idea what model they helped to assemble on any given day, beyond the fact that it is a blackhawk or a 10/22 or a #1 etc. With the way manufacturers are today, its generally not in the employee's interest to spend too much time knowing what models they are anyway, beyond getting the proper internal and external parts with each firearm.
And who knows if the girls in records get to see much of the mfg floor at all?? Its not their fault...its just a fact of any industry.
Chet15

Latest posts