Value of consecutive pair

Help Support Ruger Forum:

nrobe50

Buckeye
Is there a rule of thumb on the value of a consecutive pair. I would assume the older the guns the more value would be placed on the pair. I have a couple of sets. 6 1/2 inch super blackhawks from 1966 and a pair of 7 1/2 inch flattop 44's. from 1959. I know what the individual guns are worth but don't know what premium the pair would be worth.

street

Hunter
An Old time collector once said that he would put a price for a consecutive pair at 1.5 times the price for the two guns individual. Such as one gun being worth $1000, then the two would be worth $1000 + $1000 = $2000. Multiply that by 1.5 and you have a price of $3000.

Now this is just a starting point and the "Pucker Factor" will add to this price. :lol:

Coogs

Maximum
Something is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. Consecutive pair pricing has been debated, and will continue to be debated for some time. On rare models, even some rare new models, I would consider 40-50% premium, everyday common models, well, maybe 10-15%, JMHO Coogs.

Ruger1441

Blackhawk
With a pair of 6 1/2 Supers and 7 1/2 inch flattops the 50% premium would not be out of line. Those are pretty rare birds themselves.

nrobe50

Buckeye
thanks guys. I am not selling them but wanted some ideas of values

Selling consecutive pairs isn't that easy. You have doubled what somebody be able to afford by buying two and then add a premium. Its a slow sale. IMHO

yes, ,BUT as 1441 noted, those particular guns would NOT be hard to sell as pairs, they are tough enough to find ONE. and even I would be temped to go after something like that , though I recall the lone 6 1/2 inch Super we had , was an "S" gun...... 8) :roll: :wink:

radicalrod

Hunter
WOW does this mean all my friends from the NORTH, SOUTH, EAST,WEST and parts in between are "SAPS" or just ME :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I travel in good company :lol: :lol: :lol: THANKS GUYS I LOVE YOU ALL.....RR

warbird1975

Single-Sixer
What is the general consensus about three in a row? Is there a rule of thumb like the 1.5 or 50% for a pair?

street

Hunter
warbird1975 said:
What is the general consensus about three in a row? Is there a rule of thumb like the 1.5 or 50% for a pair?
I have only seen 1 set of 3 consecutive serial numbered guns for sale. That was in the early 80s and they were Factory Engraved Single-Sixes. The seller had a very hard time selling them.

As for pricing? I don't think there are enough examples that have sold to get an idea what to charge for them. I think the "Pucker Factor" takes over for this example. :roll:

warbird1975

Single-Sixer
These are just regular ol' single sixes, three digit. I cant imagine three RSSE in a row, that would be awesome!