Contender value

Help Support Ruger Forum:

06ackley

Single-Sixer
Guys I have an easy open contender stainless frame with a 14in ssk barrel in 6.5 jdj with a weaver 2-8 scope on it. I have dies and lots of brass and am considering selling it. I'm looking for some idea of what to ask for it if I put it up for sale. Thanks ahead for any Info! And it is in very good condition..almost forgot that.

contender

Ruger Guru
Condition is part of the equation. In many ways,, the "extras" don't add as much as you may have in them. BUT,, it does help somewhat.
You have a couple of options. You can separate the dies, brass, scope, mounts etc, and sell them individually. But that would require more work, and it goes on the hope someone just wants a specific item.
Or, leave it as a package, accept a lower overall amount, & move it quicker.
In general, a very good condition package like that, should be in the $600-$700 range. Give or take a little depending upon how much brass etc you have.
Also, is the grip & forend factory or aftermarket? That makes a difference.

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
Like contender noted condition is the key. The 6.5 JDJ was one of Jones most popular barrels and usually go in the
$350.00-$500.00 range. Was this gun built by JD (SSK) ? if so I would add another $150.00 to the package and that
would still be a very good deal for what you are offering, pictures would be helpful to your sale JM $0.02 .
Terry