VALUE OF BKH 36 B drilled and tapped

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Hi I have a line on a brass frame in the right serial # range that I would rate 95% except for being drilled and tapped my question is what it might be worth if it does letter I called ruger records but no answer I will try again in the AM

THANKS GRAMPS

SBH4628

Blackhawk
GRAMPS 51":1iamivne said:
Hi I have a line on a brass frame in the right serial # range that I would rate 95% except for being drilled and tapped my question is what it might be worth if it does letter I called ruger records but no answer I will try again in the AM

THANKS GRAMPS
Did you say brass frame? :shock:

flatgate

Hawkeye
I'm with Splitz. 95% gun with a perforated top strap is a shooter. A lettered BKH-36B in that condition won't tickle my fancy.....

Post the s/n here and those with a newer "Collector's Book" can help....

I've learned my lessons in the past..... :shock:

flatgate

PS Bottom line? Don't pay anything remotely close to the value of a "unmolested" version.

Hi Thanks for the replies I was thinking that being d/t would make it a 50% gun but if it does letter what would be a ballpark figure on what its worth $400/500 ?. I know the sum of the parts. I dont know what to offer and be fair .I dont want to post serial # just yet as it is not mine.

THANKS GRAMPS

Well,
If it were me I would figure out what the parts are worth and offer that price.

Just because the S/N is in the range doesn't mean it is one. Call Ruger records again to be sure. With the D&T it is a shooter letter or not IMHO
So as a brass frame shooter probably around $550-600 at most
Jim

It's a shooter.

If the brass grip frame is a genuine Ruger part, those frames alone have sold here for $300 or more.

There's just no way the gun is worth the big bucks of an unmolested Flattop.

Just another opinion.

;)

I'd not feel bad about a $400 starting offer, particularly if you really like the gun and aren't interested in a quick re-sale.

It's still just a shooter . . . but a lettered shooter. It did letter as a "brassie", right?

Your call.

:)

GRAMPS 51":36esoxy1 said:
Hi just got off the phone with ruger it does letter should I offer $400 I dont want to screw the guy I usualy have a little knowlege but this one is new to me

GRAMPS

Well the grip frame and grips $350 +
OM parts $75 +
Cyl. $50+
Frame $100+
IMHO $400 would fall into the screwed category.
Jim

Well, if the current owner was happy with $400, it would be an OK deal all around.

Like I said, a $400 opening offer wouldn't be bad as long as you're prepared to have it rejected. Gotta start the process somewhere.

JMHO
:)

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
Jim, don't forget to deduct the amortization factor(as I call it...) where you have to figure in/out the value of the "missing" XR3RED fram and associated panels. To me they are a net subtractor of $150 from the value structure you have noted..........And add in the value of the EH and ER, even tho nominal at 95%. Personally, I'd offer 450 to 500. It is what it is and even tho D/T'ed it is uncommon. Not all of us cannot afford the Big Dogs, so it is still a "find".........All of this tempered by my 40 years in the trenches.........It would still display well with a framed letter........Maybe the "Boys in Ohio" could repair the D/T condition..... 8) :wink:

Well I dove I got it for $400 yes it has the factory frame and will do untill I find a better one I will pick it up by the weekend and post some pictures thanks for all the replies

GRAMPS

Heckuva deal for you.

If you like you can now sell the brass grip frame and panels for more than it will take to buy a proper XR3 and panels.

If it lettered as a "brassie" I'd surely keep it that way, but that's just me.

GRAMPS 51":34y6oexg said:
Well I dove I got it for $400 yes it has the factory frame and will do untill I find a better one I will pick it up by the weekend and post some pictures thanks for all the replies

GRAMPS
Yep a very good deal.
What you can do is buy a new model frame and grips then make the flatgate/ Carl thingie for it. Should be able to do this for around $50. Now you will have a shooter that you will have $100 in after you sell the Brass frame and grips for $350 :) :) :)
It doesn't take a XR3 frame it uses the XR3-red it isn't a flattop.

Rugerguy My estimate was to sell all the parts :( :(
For shooters I put on the NM grip frames.
Jim

Hey, I think he did "awesome" , I'd have jumped at it myself...gotta love them "project guns", as well as ALL them nifty "old parts"...it would make a GREAT looking shooter and even shoot well.....nice score....heck we see them old ones at the shows all the time and they have "issues" ( D&T,etc..) and for the most part, the sellers go "top dollar" and then 'subtract',still too much...................

flatgate

Hawkeye
I agree, you did great. Not a "safe queen" but a rare Ruger that you can shoot and enjoy.

I have some rather rare shooters in my toy box. Some with TWO holes in the topstrap, etc. and they still shoot really well!

flatgate

Well I must be getting old it has been converted I saw the wide trigger and must have thought it was original I looked at some other old models that day and it must have gone over my pea size brain :( but im still happy with it .Now can anybody tell me what they used for a conversion trigger I was going to change it back but realized I need a wide trigger was the wide one in there now the same as a converted super ?

GRAMPS