Valquartsen Customer Service :-)

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Retread

Bearcat
A few weeks back I contacted Volquartsen about the simple drilling and tapping of my stainless 22/45 for a Ruger scope mount. They replied, telling me how best to send the receiver to them. Their site says they are careful about turning around a job like this within 14 days, or so. That was fine. It was a major reason I sent the receiver to them. It left on a Thursday, I believe, and was delivered to VQ on the following Tuesday. They didn't waste any time. The work order showed the work was done the day the receiver arrived and I received it back two days later, just one week after I'd sent the receiver to them!

Now, that's service. If I sound like an advertisement for them, it's because this quick turn around, in this case, really happened. I'm sure they might've otherwise had scheduling of their bread and butter work that would've put off working my lowly job, but, in this case they were on top of things and stunned me with the quick return of the receiver.

It's on the gun, along with an old Tasco Pro Point, and I'm ready to go.

9x19

Hunter
Scott and his crew have always been top-notch!

Several years back, he updated my early model .17HMR for free even though I purchased it used, and offered to pay.

hpman66

Hunter
Not trying to be nosy, but I was just wondering how much that D&T on a stainless steel receiver cost, including shipping(both ways) and everything else.

Retread

Bearcat
Their charges came to $49.xx including shipping. I overpaid for shipping to them by simply not being prepared. I could have had an experienced local shooter do the job in our town, but not everything has worked out for a few others there. Since I live in a small town without a practicing gunsmith, I want a quality company to be involved with my two 22/45s as time goes on. (The price at VQ's quality competitor was more than twice VQ's). An assurance of quality at VQ is the reason I didn't look elsewhere, trying to find a less costly option.

Latest posts